chapter 9: separate tides

Comincia dall'inizio

Still outside the Owl House. Eda is seen constructing something.

Luz: [ Narrating] Even though Eda gets frustrated, she's found new ways to make up for her lost powers.

Eda:Check it, Luz! A new hunting weapon. I will call her the Stab-Catcher.

Luz:[ Narrating] Without the portal, Eda has no human garbage to sell. So, we've resorted to working odd jobs to keep food on the table.

Eda:Hey, King, did you know that apple is a hat? [Aims Stab-Catcher.]

King:Really? [Puts an apple on his head, not knowing he's standing in front of a target.]

Luz:King! Hey, no! King! [Drops camera, rushes to get King out of harm's way. The Stab-Catcher, with Eda's detached hands still holding on, hits a bullseye.] This week we're bounty hunters. Next week we could be anything. [Cut to a shot of Luz back in her room] So, Mom, please don't be scared. I'm growing more and more every day, and I'm gonna do my best to become a full-fledged witch and get home to you safe and sound. Te quiero, Mama. Te lo prometo, regresaré a casa pronto.

Eda:[Offscreen.] Luz! [Luz looks out the window. Cut to a shot of Eda and Lilith waiting outside.] Time to bring these bad boys to market!

Lilith:[She pats feathers off herself; grunts.] Eda, do you own anything that isn't covered in feathers?

Eda:I had to deal with a curse for 30 years, so I think you can handle a few feathers.

Violet: Lilys,Orchids, please try to get along so we can focus on getting food for my niece.

At Bonesborough, where a statue of Emperor Belos has been placed and Emperor's Coven guards are everywhere.

Luz: Wow, the Emperor is really taking over.

Eda: I see it too, Luz. And I'm trying to stay civil. [Kicks a demon decked out in Emperor's Coven apparel]

Eda places the bag of captured demons on a scale. She and Luz wait while a shopkeeper behind a booth reading BOUNTY reads the scale.

Shopkeeper: Tsk. Your payment.

Eda:A single snail? Are you kidding me

Shopkeeper: [Laughs.] Oh, I'm sorry, I wasn't done yet. [Snaps snail in half.]

Eda:You can't do this to me. Do you know who I am?

Shopkeeper:Yeah, you're Eda the Owl Lady. What are you gonna do? We all know you're powerless now.

Eda:[Growls tries to cast a spell, but the spell circle disintegrates] Ah! What the—

Violet: [clears throat while staring the Shopkeeper down]  I would readvise you to make the right decision and give us what is owned....Now. [Casts a fire spell circle]

Shopkeeper: Crap! The Ying and Yang Phoenix witch!? [Hands over two pouches of snails] 

Violet: Thank you for your service! [ Smiles and grabs the pouches]

Townspeople:Ah, this is awkward; Uh-oh!

Violet: (was glaring daggers at them)

Eda:I don't need your pity. [Holds up her own wanted poster] I was the most wanted criminal for years. You should fear me.

[A passing garbageman grabs her wanted poster and puts it in the trash cart he is pushing.]

Townspeople:No magic? Not so wanted anymore, only she is now the most wanted criminal. [Points to violet's wanted poster]

Violet:Ugh....Seriously?!

Lilith:[Laughs.] Don't worry, sister. At least my image still commands respect and fear.