Chapter 10: Maybe

(Y/n) Pov

Choices never existed in my realm, at least not really. Destiny had brought everything together, so no matter what it always had a plan. But as I stare at the red haired woman in front of me, I knew that something larger was at play. Wanda stared at me, "You!" We both exclaim together. 

Tony rubbed his eyes, "Okay, what's going on? (Y/n) How many people do you know that have tried to kill us?!" I shrug apologetically, earning a mischievous smile from Loki who was across the living room. 

"Wanda was the one who woke me up from my coma after the NY attack." I said still a bit in shock, "I thought she was with you..."

"No, my only reason for being in your mind was because it was my first experience with my powers." Wanda explained cooly, "I never meant to, but..." Pietro held her hand and she leaned into him.

How come she got into your mind and I couldn't! Loki pouted into my mind. He had shown me how to do that sort of stuff lately and it has done wonders for whenever I had wanted to gossip. My mental barriers were still in place though, so he could only see what I wanted him to see. I stick my tongue out at him and Banner snorts.

Banner and Nat had gotten married and... I couldn't be happier for them. Natasha has always been there for me, and Banner honestly feels more like a father everyday. The mission alarm blares and everyone tenses except me. I wasn't allowed on missions yet because of my "powers not charging" and "Loki needs baby-sat" or the more used one "they'll target you because you're a kid." All of those is what Cap said. The Team suited up and left promptly, even the twins left to their rooms leaving Loki and I alone. 

Our friendship has been, interesting to say the least. We were close friends, and that was all. I flop onto the couch he was hoarding and he kicks me off. "Friday... Loki's not letting me on the couch." I whine. Loki sighs and scoops me up... placing me directly on his lap. I screech and push him away as he laughs wickedly. "You little bastard!" I yell while clobbering him with a pillow. He laughs and dramatically falls to the ground.

"Ahh! I have been killed by the incredibly beautiful and talented Lady (Y/n)!" I scoff and roll my eyes. He was to much sometimes. He came back onto the couch and turned on the TV, Vision floated casually into the room then floated away again. I'll miss Jarvis.

Hours might have passed, I don't know specifically but suddenly Loki sat up abruptly. "Something is wrong."

"(Y/n) a voice recording came in from Steve Rogers." Fridays voice sounded over the speakers.

"Hey! WE NEED BACKUP! TONY'S DOWN AND WE CAN'T LOCATE BANNER." I stand up, followed by Loki. Pietro ran in carrying Wanda. 

"We need to go NOW! I look at Loki and he nods. I am surrounded by a green light, and I am in a suit that looks almost exactly like Natashas except it's green on the sides instead of blue. I roll my eyes again, leave it to Loki to make me wear his colors.

"I might be able to teleport us all there." Loki said while gripping my hand, "My limiter will allow me to do at least that." I nod and grab Wanda's hand. Pietro is right beside her.

 "Do it." I whisper. Friday gives us the location of the Quinjet and then we are surrounded by a flash of green. 

Hydra was no where to be seen, because their agents were all armed and trained to stay out of sight, they would be difficult to take down. But Loki and I had massive tempers. When we arrived at the landed Quinjet, Loki swayed a bit from power drainage but he said he'd be fine. I scanned my surroundings for any signs of my teammates.

Wanda could sense Clint motionless and wounded in the dirt a couple miles off. "Pietro, get Clint while Wanda mind searches for the others. Loki and I will go locate them while you twins give them medical attention. Once we locate them, Pietro will retrieve the ones he can. Got it?" I was surprised at my leadership, but no one objected.

"I can sense Natasha isn't far from here... maybe a mile or two that way." Wanda said pointing east. Loki conjured me some daggers and we set off cautiously. The Hydra agents were being to quiet. That is, however, when we came in range of their turret.

Loki grabbed me and teleported behind a cluster of boulders as the guns fire at our backs. "I can send out some illusions, but with this on they'll be not as convincing." Loki grumbled as he tugs on his limiter. I nod, it's the best plan we have so far. 

As his illusions of us run one way, we run the other. "I got Nat's tracker signal!" I exclaim as we come up on a trench. Nat was laying inside it. She looked ok, until I noticed the electric collar around her ankle. "Pietro, we found Nat." I hear his reply over the comms. In a flash of silver and blue, she was gone. 

"Thor is hurt and at the turret!" Wanda shouts over the comms. Lokis face pales and I touch his arm. He shakes himself off and we look back towards the turret. 

 "I'll make a distraction..." I say. Loki looks even more pale. 

 "What! No!" He splutters.

" I have to. You are the only one who can teleport him out of here. I'm strong, but I can't get him out of there quick enough. " Loki looks terrified. I don't understand though,I have always put my life on the line. He knows that.

"Just..." He looks away. " ... don't die. " I smile and take off running. The turrets guns fixed on me and I slide to a stop. I flip them off and they fire almost instantly. 

I backflip over the first round of bullets and drop into a low crouch. The second round sends me into a small grove of trees. I drop and catch my breath, "Loki?" The comms are silent for a moment.

 " He's fine. (Y/n) I can't teleport to you, I will get Pierto to get you. " Lokis heavy breathing reaches my ears.

 "No! Pietro stays there until he is needed." I feel Lokis stubbornness as I say those words. " Wanda, where are the others? "Wandas voice is shaky as she gives me the coordinates. I think for a second, "Pietro can get Cap. He's far enough from the fight. I'll head for Tony, then Hulk. "

 "(Y/n)." Lokis voice is filled with something I can't understand. I turn off my comms. The turrets send another round, and I roll my eyes. I start sprinting toward a tree and duck behind it. They shoot and I feel a twinge in my calf.

I shake it off and run towards Tonys location. The turret fire followed me into a small trench. "If I had my powers..." I snarl as I inspect my calf. It was bleeding, but not bad enough to be concerned about though. 

A glint of red in the distance is what gets me to my feet. Tonys comms were down but I ran towards him anyways. Agents swarmed around Tony and I slide to a halt. 

My daggers burned with heat as I shoved them into the cracks of the agents suits. Blood spurted and the crowd out in pain as I growled in rage. They had hurt my friend, now they die. 

I give a silent word of thanks to Destiny for my training over my life. Killing these agents wasn't difficult at all. I shove my knife into the heart of the last agent. I am morbidly satisfied with my work and I walk towards Tony.

 "Dang, (Y/n)... you should be on every mission." I smile at his compliment . I help him up and he gets Friday back online. "I'll fly back and tell Reindeer Games you're alive. Banner should be..." A hulkish roar made both of us jump. " Yeah, he's that way. I'll give you a lift. " He picks me up bridal style and we fly towards the thickest clump of trees in the area. 

As Tony drops me off, I stare into the trees. The Hulk and I... we knew of each other but I had never seen him before. I wince as my adrenaline wore off and my wounds became noticeable. I could see him, big and green. My mind flashes back to when I first liked Banner. It was when he let me out of my cell and his skin was turning green! 

I was so distracted that I didn't notice him staring back at me. "Hey, Hulk..." What else could I say? I had no idea about how the lullaby worked but I knew that calming him down enough would also have the same affect. His face seemed to be confused. 

Suddenly he let out a roar of pain as a metallic net that was sparking with electricity covered him! "Dad!" I scream as I run to him. A few paces away from him and my feet contact the dirt. Pain, heat and noise explode from under me as I detonate a landmine. Then everything went black.

A/n: Thank you so much for 105 reads!! I'm happy my little gremlins are enjoying this book.