Chapter 40 - Roll Like We Used To

Start from the beginning

''Not, I guess. The water is still warm.'' I slide my butt a bit to make enough space for Yotsuba. ''It's just felt weird that you ask for it.''

''...I...sensed that you were a bit worried from your voice. Do you want to talk?''

 Do you want to talk?''

''Is it that obvious?...'' I sulk. ''I was just thinking about our current situation.''

After Yotsuba got into the bathtub with me, she gently leaned her head back to the edge and began to watch the rising steam from the hot water wafting toward the ceiling. Her relaxation is... evident in every way, from the contented expression on her face to the way her shoulders visibly eased.

''Mmmmmm~~~♡ That felt super good! Actually, you've been pretty quiet for a few days. That is, more than usual Miku silence we used to see.'' 

''...'' She's right, I haven't been much like myself for a few days thinking about what I'm going to do. I probably made those two worried about me too. ''Yotsuba, how do you feel?''

Yotsuba looked pensive for a moment, her eyes still fixed on the ceiling. "Honestly, I've been all over the place recently." she admitted. "I mean, we're all stuck in this weird situation, and it's just tough to figure out what the heck we should be doing."

''Talk about yourself, baka. You're pushing youself too hard that you got a mouth ulcer.''

''E-e-e-ehhh?!'' She quickly touch her lips in panic. ''I wasn't pushing myself hard...''

''Why don't you leave that club? You don't have to forc—''

''No no no! Of course I can't! I will trouble everyone else if I quit. I'm sure I can do both study and my club.''

I hugged my knees underwater and utter in silence. "You really haven't changed much..."

''H-huh? See, now this is strange.''

''Yotsuba?''

''The thing is, Miku—Ichika said the exact same thing to me this morning. I can't be that same, can I! I'm all grown up. Adult, heh. I'm a proper adult!''

''Well, someone who still wears childish panties like this is still a child in my eyes though.''

''AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!! Don't say that out loud! It's not my fault you take bad care of your belongings!''

Indeed, this is the Yotsuba I've known for a long long time. Maybe she really knows more about this than any of us? Something we don't see, something we failed to see.

I chuckled to myself. Perhaps I should have done this from the start. "Yotsuba, can I get your opinion on something?"

"My opinion?" Yotsuba replied as she reached for the shampoo and began to rinse her hair, opening her eyes. "I'm not the best at that, but, heh, send it over! I'll try not to let you down!"

 "I'm not the best at that, but, heh, send it over! I'll try not to let you down!"