Halloween \\ Acceptance (new reality)

Another time jump but this is a fun one so.
TYSM for 190 reads!!💜

TW: ⚠️ alcohol, drug mentions⚠️

{Murdoc POV}:

Ah, fall: the best time of year. The leaves turn orange, red, and brown. Trick or treating starts, horror movies come out, and best of all: Halloween parties. Dressing up isn't just for the children. The parties are great!
Spin the bottle, alcohol, card games, pills occasionally. Endless fun!
I think Ace and Snake are going to a costume party as well. They're dressed as Shaggy and Scooby because they wanted to do one of those "couple" costumes but it's hard for them because they're both men and most pop culture duos are between heterosexuals. They're probably going to keep it PG from what I've heard though. Whenever I hear from Ace it's not actually from *him*, it's usually noodle telling me something about him.
I hate yet to decide what me and the rest of the band want to do. We're usually great at planning outfits for holidays, like when we did the De los Muertos thing. That was great, honestly.
I'm sure we'll figure it out.

★★★

I decided to let everyone tell me their thoughts before I even ask. We haven't physically done anything for Halloween in a while and Russel wanted to get back at him for making him wear a suit during phase 1. I think it looked fine but I guess it's not "fine enough" for him. Whatever.
I was thinking about zombies, I mean it could be fun. We would probably have the best ones as well. I think Noodle has her own spin in the idea though, and I don't think 2D really cares.
Noodle said she had plans to match costumes with a girl she's interested in— she didn't say it like that but I could tell by her face and her actions there's a special someone for her (it's kind of sweet actually).
Her girlfriend and her had some sort of matching Plants Vs Zombies idea. Noodle would be a sunflower and the girl would be a Peashooter. I guess Noodle just wanted to try something extremely pop cultured rather than a general idea but I think I can still make zombies fit into that theme. Infact it might be even better if we have the most gruesome zombie costumes to destroy the wholesome little plant fellows! Not literally though, but I mean it would look great in pictures.
Great! Now we have a plan, I just need to go out and buy some things, and it'll be fine. 

The preparation is the most difficult, but seeing the jack-o'-lanterns light and the sent of pumpkin spice filling the air as the leaves fill the grass from falling off the trees is a nice touch before the cold, dreariness of the coming winter season. I can't wait to hold 2D by the fireplace though.
I wonder what the weather here is like. I know in New York it would snow but I'm not 100% familiar with Mumbai yet. It's still beautiful though.
I've got loads of candy bags, I tried to get the ones i'm most familiar with though just to be safe.
Me and 2D gave candy to others while Russel and Noodle went trick or treating (Noodle's idea, but we weren't gonna tell her 'no').
Me and 2D had a blast giving out candy until midnight (mostly just so we don't get pranked) but we did make a lot of people smile.
At the end of the night we took off our accessories and watched some horror movies together. 2D seemed off around then, it was kind of strange. It was the only point in the day I saw him where he didn't seem happy. He seemed more confused. I wanted to ask him about it but I just kept quiet. Did I do something wrong?
Maybe I should just focus on the movie.
Yeah, that's what I'll do.

Once we finished the movie I laid down on the couch. I expected 2D to leave but instead he crawled into my chest. He started to smile again. We fell asleep together.

{2D POV:}

It's been difficult for me these past few months. Murdoc has still been nice to me. I know before I was scared it was a trap but maybe he really has changed this time.
He's seemed so happy lately, maybe I don't have any reason to doubt that anymore. He's been smoking and drinking less too (which is what he does chronically).
Maybe I should get off some of the drugs for him too. I mean it's not like he's stopping but more like he really doesn't feel the need to, if I could put it into words.
Maybe I've been mean to Murdoc too. We're both still human, and I could've been nicer to him during some moments. I regret some of the things I did to him all those years ago. Maybe he regrets hurting me too though. There's been a lot of times where he's hurt my feelins and I'm not sure why. That's probably why I stopped trustin him.
We never really got it right, but.. I like how things are between us now. I want things to stay this way, hopefully. Maybe we're *actually* sort of boyfriends now. I'm so glad. It's been a very complicated few years. Even if then out not meant to be, I hope he can at least be my best friend 💙

I love you, Murdoc.

I think, I'm actually happy I've met yau.

Oh, god- now I'm all teary! I just can't believe things are finally going to be okay between us. It feels like I've been waiting so long, it's unreal to me. I just don't want any of this to end.
This time, I Really won't abandon him, and he won't abandon me either. Everyfing I've ever done I thought was for the greater good; but I was thinking about myself. If I want to love him, I have to think about him too. I promise I'll make him happy this time. We'll get it right, I swear.

These fucking tears just don't stop, do they? I love him so much, I'm just overjoyed and overwhelmed. I'm making a fool out of myself. God help me—

I love him💙