Spring Cleaning

{Noodle POV}

Murdoc made me and 2D clean the attic for whatever reason and I honestly thought it was pretty stupid but did it anyways, obviously. There was a lot of dust up there and boxes. Me and 2D moved most of the boxes into a corner, I then had 2D do the dusting because I dont want to get all gross and sick. At first he was awful at it to I had to yell at him for about an hour to get him to do it right. He was a pussy about the spiders and cobwebs though. The lighting in there was awful as well. A dum bulb hanging from the ceiling with a string parallel to it. This entire room needs work. It needs to be actually livable. I sigh and start heading over to where 2D is and I almost tripped. I looked down and saw a loose floorboard. I pulled it and there was a poster sticking out. It was of an old movie ,it looked like it was from the 1920s or 30s.
The girl in it looks a lot like our neighbor, and I don't believe in coincidences: especially after everything we've been been though (as a band). I've fought zombies with glowing nipples for this band. I saved Kong Studios when it was infested with them, I killed a demon in Japan, and I survived the El Mañana crash after being almost shot down by that bastard Jimmy Manson or whatever his name was. I'm glad he's dead now though, in still kind of upset that Murdoc knew about him and didn't tell me but at least he had a plan to save my life; sort of.
I rolled up the poster, wanting to hit it from 2D. He's practically obsessed with Moon Flower, almost as much as Murdoc, so I can't risk him seeing this and getting himself into shit before we even know what any of it means. All I know is that it reeks of suspicion. Murdoc is smarter than 2D, physically and mentally. It should be safe to tell him about it. I headed down the ladder. "Where you goin?" 2D asked. "Just wait here, k?" I told him as I went off to find the stupid, smelly, green man that is Murdoc Niccals the bassist.

★★★

I found Murdoc in the kitchen mixing a bunch of alcohol together to make some horrible concoction that'll just end up in him getting a bad hangover and being all pissy tomorrow morning. He's a dumbass most of the time. I sigh and pull his hair to get his attention. "Ow! What the hell, Noodle?!" He grumbled, causing me to smile a little. I held back laughter. "Got your attention, didn't it?" He didn't seem happy — "anyway I think there's something going on wrong with our neighbor, I found this creepy poster from an old movie and it looks just like her" I told him nervously.
He analyzed the poster for a minute before going back to his drink "maybe it's a coincidence though, you know? Either way I'm too busy right now unfortunately, maybe we can talk more about this later, sound good?" He mixed his drink, practically brushing me off. I scoffed and went to put the poster in my room.
I was about to hide it so Murdoc wouldn't come steal it for later or something but then I glanced at my computer screen. The computer was in sleep mode.

I DON'T believe in "coincidences"

I thought to myself. Fuck it. I set the poster beside my computer and decided I'd look into this further, after all I am usually the right one when this shit happens.

Turns out she was a big shot in the early days of Hollywood. She also seemed to be a big investor in something called "Hollywoodland", I also found the reviews on that 1923 horror movie- they were really bad. I guess that movie studio and I have some things in common.

★★★

Murdoc has been up to something weird lately, he spends like hours in the bathroom and when he finally leaves he smells worse than when he entered and there's a huge mess of bottles everywhere. What the hell is that even for? Can he seriously not lay off the alcohol for five minutes?
Anyway maybe I could talk to Russel about it, as crazy as he's been he was always the one to listen to me (and give back helpful advice).
Murdoc and 2D are so caught up.in their relationship issues they can't help me for shit, which is fine anyway though. Murdoc isn't helpful most of the time, and 2D would probably just sob or not know how to do anything. I know 2D's injury isn't his fault though, another thing I can blame Murdoc for.
I found Russel in his room staring at the static channel again. "Russ, can we talk?" I calmly ask. All I can make out is him muttering about the promised land. There's no way there's actually anything in those static messages, he really HAS lost his mind. I sigh "nevermind" as I head back. Russel finally comes out of his room but the hope in my eyes dies as soon as he starts mumbling about how "The portal to the promised land will open above the Hollywood sign at New Year's" (he's been staring at that static for almost a year). He went back into his room and started packing. I'm kind of creeped out at this point so I'm going to leave. I gotta go to the store anyway to pick up some alcohol for the boys and some nice glasses to go with it.  I think 2D's expecting Murdoc to kiss him too, he's been worried about Murdoc a lot lately because of Moonflower. Murdoc is probably gonna be too stubborn at the moment to show any potential weakness to Stuart. When I came back and started putting things away in the kitchen Russel seem worse. I clicked the lock on the alcohol cabinet and went to check on him. "Hey, Russel?" I asked. He didn't respond anymore. "Russel","Russ","please answer", "Russ ?.." I gave up. I'm gonna go get Murdoc.. this is too far. I left the room and ran to find Murdoc. When I finally did he was in his room, half asleep. I started shouting at him about what was going on and he agreed to talk to him once he got up. I left so murdoc could get dressed and he went to talk to Russel. I followed just to watch. "Oi Russ!"; "Russ!" After about 10 minutes he actually did seem concerned. "Oh shit. I think he really has lost it. Just look at how mindless he is" Murdoc mumbled. I know Murdoc is an asshole but he actually seems worried now, which means this shit is gonna be a big problem. We went to go talk to 2D. Murdoc had him dig another hole in the yard I guess. The ground started to shake so got nervous and threw the shovel. "I-i'm gonna go see Moonflower!" 2D said nervously.  "2Dents wait-" Murdoc yelled. He was already gone though. Murdoc sighs and we both went back inside. We waited a while for 2D to come back but I guess he had fallen asleep over there. I sighed.
Maybe I should check back with Russel, maybe this was in his stupid static prophecy or something somewhere? I know he doesn't really talk anymore but I have to try. I went to go check on Russel. He was still staring off into the TV screen. I called his name, still nothing. "Look, Russel I'm worried about us. Everyone's really obsessed with Moonflower or some other shit and I know I was there for you when you were afraid of the band falling apart, so now I need you.. if you're still there, somewhere. I hope you can hear me.. goodnight" I headed to my room. Not a word broke through to Russel.

Oh well, tomorrow is another day.

{A/N:}

TYSM FOR 140+ READS, I genuinely was so scared to make this fanfic because it's not what I usually did in the past and I was scared the shipping was too controversial and I feel like that's one of the reasons I lost a few followers, but just seeing this be my most popular story means the world to me, I cannot thank you all enough and I love you, have a great day ★💜

-Author/Lund