5 - Need help?

Michie put a few yens into the vending machine at Hawks' agency and picked a can of green tea. She then watched as the row, where the green tea cans were, moved forward a bit, pushing one of the cans down before she bent down and picked it up. She stretched her sore wings as she stood up.

She and Hoshi had returned from their long patrol. They hadn't come across any problems when they had splitted up from Hawks and his sidekicks. At least for an hour. After an hour from meeting up with their boss, they had gotten closer to a busier part of Kyushu where they had at least ran into five problems. There had just been a few smaller criminals who tried to rob handbags and stores and an armed robbery which they had stopped swiftly.

Well, a peaceful day is a nice change of pace, she thought to herself as she then put a few more yens into the vending machine and now picked a coffee can for Hoshi. She waited for the can to drop down and then bent down again to pick the can up. It would be much simpler if this thing had the feature so people could pick more than one drink at the same time and you wouldn't have to do it one by one, she thought to herself as she stood up again and flapped her wings.

She and Hoshi were having their lunch break and they were sitting in the lounge room of the workers as they were eating their lunch. Hoshi had packed herself salad and Michie had gone with the simple option: a sandwich. Brings back some memories, she thought to herself as she walked up to her and Hoshi's table where her friend was already enjoying her salad.

Michie gave the coffee can to Hoshi who hummed 'thanks' and opened it, taking a sip. Michie sat down on her seat and opened her can of green tea and started to think about how she'd explain yesterday to her friend. She also seemed to be waiting for her to start to explain. Some good old friendship gossiping, although I'm a bit confused as to why I have to explain myself, Michie thought to herself.

"So... What happened yesterday, was that I had a small race with Hawks," Michie started. Hoshi just raised a brow but didn't look too shocked. "Once I had flown past him, he told me that I had passed the test," she then continued, which did make Hoshi confused. She straightened her posture and looked confused.

"Wait. Test? So your suspicions from before were correct after all?" Hoshi asked with a confused tone. Michie nodded and her friend looked even more thoughtful after that. She then looked back at Michie. "I'm sorry that I doubted your deductions," she said with genuine remorse.

Michie shook her head and had a small smile. "It's okay. I was a bit suspicious about it too. But I guess that now I know that I can trust my suspicions if I have them," she explained to Hoshi who nodded a little.

Hoshi then looked at Michie's wing and specifically at the scar on her left wing stem. "How is that feeling?" She asked and made Michie look at the scar. She shook her left wings a bit and then let it settle back behind her back neatly. Hoshi waited patiently for Michie to answer her question.

"Well. It's not aching. It tingled a bit yesterday but other than that, it's fine," Michie explained.

Hoshi nodded to her and didn't ask anything. But Michie knew that she was worried about her. Once – while still being students– when they had been training, the scarring had ripped slightly. After that, Michie has helped her wings by supporting them with slight wing currents under her wings. Not that she could fly without them. Sometimes she'd just do such a weird trick that her scar wouldn't handle it well.

And since that first close call, Hoshi has been prying Michie to tell where she had got it. But Michie hadn't told about it yet. Sometimes she didn't even want to remember it. Somethings are better to just forget, she thought to herself as they continued to eat in a comfortable silence.