4 - Not so planned revelation

Michie woke up the next morning and sat up on her bed as she stretched her wings. She rubbed her face and eyes while she was groaning. Well, that was a bad night, she thought to herself as she got up from the bed and started to get ready for work.

The small test made by Hawks had ended up with a heart to heart between her and the second of Top Pro Heroes of Japan. He had ended up giving her great advice and she didn't even remember when had been the last time she had had that kind of a conversation. Maybe with Hoshi before they had graduated?

I need tea. I'm not functioning properly, she huffed to herself as she headed to her kitchen after she had dressed up into her clothes. When she got to the kitchen, she took out her tea bags and chose one of them after she had put some water into her kettle.

She decided to check her phone as she waited for the water to boil. Wouldn't take long so she would have enough time to check the news from yesterday evening. Or even from this morning; depended on how quickly the media had started to work on new articles from the morning. Probably not that quickly though.

She then paused as she noticed a message in her contacts. Had Hoshi messaged her about something urgent? She opened her contacts and almost breathed the wrong way in as she recognized who the message had come from. Hawks. How the hell is he in my contacts? She thought to herself with confusion.

Was he a mind reader? Or a psychic? No, wait – their heart to heart had ended up with the two exchanging numbers. She rubbed her eyebrows from embarrassment as she remembered that she had been the one agreeing to it; the idea had come from him. I must have been too tired to not feel shy or flustered about the whole thing, she thought to herself as she opened the message.

"Did you sleep well after last night?" Read the message that had been sent to her from Hawks. It had been sent at 5.00 am. Michie checked the time. It was currently 6.30 am. How early does he wake up? Does he have more work because he leads an agency or what? She thought to herself as she noticed that the water in the kettle was boiling already.

She quickly poured the water into her cup and dunk the tea bag in there. Then she thought for a while before she sent an answer to him. "Yeah. Didn't sleep like a baby though." She stared at the message before she shrugged with a slight huff. Could've been worse.

She then dipped the tea bag down to the cup a few times before she was done and put it away. She took a sip from her tea and looked back to her phone. Another question from her boss. "I wonder what was keeping you awake?" He had written to her. She looked at the message and didn't even think twice before she had answered:

"Wouldn't you like to know." F*ck. Sh*t. Oh no, Michie cursed as she read over and over her text message that she had just sent. That message could be understood in two different kinds of ways; either as an extremely rude and sarcastic answer or as a flirty answer. Anxiety started to settle in. I'll get fired and sued- I won't see the light of day again after I've mentally dug myself under the ground, she exaggerated in her mind as she was practically pacing around her kitchen. She didn't want to see the answer.

But still she immediately grabbed the phone when it had let out the sound that came when the phone announced a new text message. She could hear her heart pounding in her ears as she read Hawks' answer. "Am I supposed to guess?" If my text had sounded like a flirt, that definitely did, she thought to herself as she read the message again and felt slight warmness on her cheeks. Then again, Hawks was a curious kind of a person so that may have been the reason for this question. Or that's how she had thought of him.

Is he always this worried about his sidekicks and workers or is this just for me? Michie thought to herself as she was thinking about an answer for this text. She could be honest and tell him about her insecurities, which she wasn't very willing to do, so the other idea was to tell him that her quirk's drawback had been pestering during the night.