92. Break The Rules For You

WARNING: Roman is an a**hole in this.

You smile at all the people around you as your husband introduces you to his colleagues and business partners

You smile at all the people around you as your husband introduces you to his colleagues and business partners. They were smiling in your face, but honestly, you couldn't care less. You wanted to be out of there. You just weren't in the mood to put up a facade for everyone at this stupid business dinner. You didn't even want to come, but then again you had no choice, not when it came to Joseph.

He held a tight grip around your waist, forbidding you to move more than an inch away from him. You slightly winced in pain as his fingers dug into your skin. You honestly didn't understand why he was being so overprotective. It wasn't like you were looking at any of the gentlemen here. You weren't allowed to.

That was rule number one.

No looking at another man. If even a man came around, you are to look at the floor. Never make direct eye contact......or else. Direct eye contact was considered flirting which Joseph would not tolerate. You were his and his only.

As everyone was talking, and laughing, you inwardly sighed, wanting nothing more than to go home and sleep. Yet here you were faking it for a bunch of your husband's business partners, just so he could get that promotion he'd been dying to get. You look over at your husband as he wows everyone in his expensive suit and charming smile.

Joseph was a man who took great pride in his appearance. He knew he was charming. He knew he was good-looking. He knew all the ladies wanted him. That's how it's always been with Mr. Anoa'i. He was born with a golden spoon up his ass. Coming from a strong family lineage had its perks. That's how you two crossed paths. His father Sika Anoa'i had come into your father's furniture store, demanding your father give him money that was owed to him.

You were only sixteen at the time, volunteering as a custodian for your father's store, so you didn't know much about the business. All you knew was that whenever the Anoa'i/Fatu family visited your father's store, it was never a good sign. Unfortunately, you ended up falling for Sika's undeniably handsome son Joseph Anoa'i who at the time was a schoolmate of yours. But you never made a move as you were too shy to ever talk to him. That was until you crossed paths again through his cousins whom you grew to become good friends. Little did you know what you'd get yourself into.......

"Joe, your wife is so beautiful! What's your name sweetie?" one of his female colleagues asked, smiling at you.

You look over at Joe as he slightly nods, giving you permission to speak.

Rule number two, don't speak unless spoken to.

"Introduce yourself, babe," he answered, a tight-lipped smile on his face.

Rule number three. Introduce yourself properly, and let everyone know you were his.

"Hello. I'm Joseph's wife. We've been together for over ten years... He's the love of my life, an amazing man he is. I'm so blessed to have him." you say, the words taste bitter as they leave your mouth.