An Uncanny Encounter.

"I'll find you."

_____

Mun heard his alarm go off and immediately groaned. He nonchalantly clicked on the stop button and slowly got up. He grumbled about the fact that he regretted to not having slept enough last night.

He was up until 2am continuing to draw his webcomic called "Territory". And now, on his first day of university, or art school more precisely, he has to survive with the 4 hours of sleep he got.

The young man is quite famous because of his comic. He does like the fame, but he's not ready to reveal who he is to his public, so he's keeping his account faceless.

The only people who know who he is are his two best friends, Juyeon and Ungmin.

He quickly got dressed, didn't think too much of his outfit; he chose black cargo pants and a green hoodie. He took a pretty large bag in case he needed to bring materials back. It had a cute keroppi print on it.

He was quite excited for his first day. What will he do? Who will he meet?

As he got there, he realized he still had time to grab a coffee right before the assembly. He saw the cafeteria was open and went in the queue.

-

Hana stayed at the cafeteria counter with her two friends Dasom and Sihoo. Dasom was a cute brunette with two braids layed on her shoulders and bangs, while Sihoo was a tall and elegant woman with long, black hair and a fringe.

"Ugh, my shift here starts soon..." Sihoo sighed. As both Dasom and Hana looked at the woman with pity, she got an idea and her body shot up. "I'll give 30 thousand won to whoever grabs someone from the queue and begs them to let you be their fake girlfriend," she pointed at the menu "so that you can get the exclusive Cupid Donut."

The two others looked at the board.

«EXCLUSIVE CUPID DONUT! Only available for couples!»

Hana was thinking. Although this was her first year at university, she did go visit Dasom and Sihoo quite often, since the two started last year. She has had her eye on this donut for quite some time, but she never actually got a boyfriend before. It looked really cute and delicious, but it was always out of her reach.

"I won't do it," Dasom sighed as she turned to Hana. "Hana~ please do it! It'll amuse poor Sihoo here..." She made her usual puppy eyes.

"C'mon, I'll play along!" Sihoo giggled.

"I have no choice, I suppose," the third woman rolled her eyes.

Sihoo quickly went to put her apron on and switched with her colleague.

Hana and Dasom eyed the queue. Some people were already talking to others, so Hana eliminated them; some people looked quite intimidating; then there were a few possible ones.

There was a guy looking at his phone; Hana couldn't see his face properly. He had a cute tote bag.

"Keroppi bag?" Dasom smirked at Hana's slightly pink cheeks.

Hana nodded, exhaled and went up to him.

-

Mun was now in the queue for some coffee. He took out his phone and started texting Juyeon and Ungmin on their group chat.

« MUN: I'm here! (⁠ ⁠˘⁠ ⁠³⁠˘⁠) »

«JUYEON: AHHH good luck!! <3»

«UNGMIN: ᕦ⁠(⁠ò⁠_⁠ó) you got it. »

He smiled at the messages. These two have always been great support all throughout his life. He kind of feels like he's known them for many more years than what he's actually known them for, like if they were friends in a past life or something.

He was about to thank them until he felt someone tapping his shoulder.

-

Hana shily tapped the man's shoulder and immediately looked down to her feet. "Hey, sorry to bother you, but uhm..." She points at the menu. "I've always really wanted that donut they only give to couples. Could you please fake being my boyfriend?"

Hana was too shy to look at him, realizing how stupid she sounds.

She looked up, waiting for an answer.

Their eyes suddenly met for the first time.

Something felt strange. Awfully strange.

You know how you sometimes smell something that reminds you of something in your past? Well, that's the feeling they both got right there, right now.

Mun nearly forgot what the woman just asked. "Uh, sure. We'll have to be extra convincing though. The cashier might not believe us."

Hana looked at Dasom, who discretely winked at her. "Oh I'm sure we'll be fine-"

As she turned to see Sihoo, she realized it was their turn to order.

Mun grabbed Hana's hand and intertwined their fingers together.

"Hello," Mun started, "I'd like a latte and a Cupid Donut please," he slightly leaned into Hana to show that he was with his 'girlfriend'.

Sihoo didn't like how smoothly it went. Her shift was going to be long and she needs something to giggle over for the next hour or so.

"You guys look good together," she smiled as she started preparing the latte, "how did you meet?"

Hana nearly died right there. But fortunately, Mun seemed very inspired and completely invented a story.

"We met in front of the restaurant she works in. There was a big queue, but she spotted me immediately. An uncanny encounter, you could say. In a good way, though."

Hana looked down, feeling her cheeks getting hot. This guy was amazing.

He got out his bank card as soon as Sihoo finished preparing the coffee and getting the donut. Hana was about to pay, but Mun insisted. "I got it, babe. It's our 5 months anniversary after all." He winked and scanned his card.

Sihoo had to hide her amazement while he payed and said bye to her.

-

Mun placed the coffee and the donut on a table a little further away.

But, he wasn't going to let that woman go so easily. What he felt when he met her eyes was something he's never experienced before. If he gives her that donut easily, she'll probably never talk to him ever again.

-

Hana followed the man. "Thank you so much," she laughed in embarrassement as she was leaning to grab the donut. "Hey," Mun stopped her hand by gently pushing it away, "I payed for that."

Hana frowned. "Oh, I can repay you if you-"

Mun shook his head. "I've wanted that donut for a while too," he lied, "I'll take this one."

"You're being unreasonable," Hana groaned. The man smiled. "Next time we meet, we'll play the same game and you'll get your donut, okay?"

He giggled and left.

Dasom went to join her friend. "Damn," she commented, making it clear she heard everything.

"That bitch," Hana groaned.