Way Out of Her League - Chapter 1 | Alcoholic Flashback

• Dedicated to Sharlene Lactum

Love as we all know is a simple word that cannot be simply defined. It has a lot of definitions depending on the perspective you are looking into. Some say it is an art... Others say that love is an extraordinary feeling.... While the first book of Corinthians 13:4-7 clearly state and define the word love as : " 4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. "

But for me, love can be easily defined as I come to think of her... or perhaps, as she walks right in-front of me.

Hi, my name is Zef and I am 18 years old. I am currently studying Electronics and Communication Engineering at a private non-sectarian university located somewhere in Manila. 

This is how our story started...

I was chillin' at the club with my good friends. It was already  2  o'clock in the morning and I am feeling so tired, sleepless and weak. I decided to give myself a rest so I sat down for a while. In just a short period, I unexpectedly fell asleep and made me recall all my past experiences, fears and flashbacks.

It's been almost three and a half (3 1/2) years since my high-school life has ended. All I can recall from my memory is that I am a looser way back those days during my stay in high-school. I have no skill, nor talent, not even good grades. What's worse is that I bully one of our teachers and those mentally incapacitated classmates of mine without any apparent reason. Yes, I do know that what I did before was f****n' stupid and irrational. I was also labeled as "Boy Lee" / "Wonder boy" / "Explorer" for being so green (You know what I mean). Despite of all these negative traits that I possess, I was still able to get my own circle of friends. In fact, I've been famous in our school (just in a negative way). It really sucks to be me during those days. In my 4 years of stay in high-school, courting different women every month became my trademark. But that's not it, getting rejected was actually my trademark.... In my senior year, there's this girl I liked, she was pretty and white as snow.  I really liked her during those times so I tried to court her and hopefully after a couple of months she said yes to me. Our sweetness, passion and love unfortunately lasted only for three (3) months. Even though our relationship was short-lived, moving on wasn't that easy for me. I got hurt so bad that I was like carrying the whole world, tears crawled down from my eyes down to my face, restless and sleepless nights, and my heart slowly shattered into pieces. Everything happens for a reason, maybe both of us aren't really meant for each other.

From that moment on, I told my self not to love again, and I told my self  as well to just enjoy life and have fun with the girls I meet around. 

But I didn't say that what I told myself is a promise....

To be continued....