seventeen.

POV: Alexandria Colbin

I made my way upstairs, taking careful steps to avoid stomping. My heart was racing after finding Erik in the kitchen, and hasn't managed to slow down, even after 45 minutes.

As I neared Spencer's room, I took a breath and let out some tics, so it was easier to suppress once I got in there. I knocked a few times, waited a second, then went in, where I huffed out a soft laugh at the state of the kid.

He was tangled up in at least three blankets and sheets, with his feet on his pillow and his head at the opposite end of the bed. One arm was draped over his forehead, and the other fell towards the floor, barely above the ground.

I stepped over to him and unwrapped a blanket or two.

"Hey, bud! It's time to wake up, can you do that for me?" I asked in my softest voice that wasn't a whisper.

He groaned and attempted to flip over, but I placed my hand on his shoulder before he could.

"C'mon, Spencer, you can do it." I tried again, attempting to keep the laugh out of my voice.

He opened one eye and looked at me, then closed it again. "'M asl'p still." He mumbled.

I let go of his shoulder and moved to grab his last blanket, then yanked it off of him.

"Noooo! Give it baaack!" He dragged out, sitting up in the bed. I watched him blink a few times and rub his eyes before glaring at me. "Le-ex!"

I simply smirked at him before dropping the blanket on his pillow and stepping closer to him. I carefully grabbed under his armpit and lifted, causing him to squeal.

"You've gotta get up, bud. It's almost lunchtime." I laughed as he stood up. He gripped my shirt once he was on his feet, and I mentally facepalmed, reminding myself that he'd be dizzy when he first stood up. "You want a piggy-back?" I offered.

"Yeah!" His face lit up and I knelt down, allowing him to jump onto my back while I held under his knees.

I stood up and made my way out of the room, switching to using one hand to support him while I knocked on Londyn's door.

I heard a faint "Come in!" and turned the doorknob.

As I gazed around the room, I saw Londyn laying on the carpet, playing with a Nintendo Switch™. She barely cast me a glance before sighing and pulling off her headphones.

"Hm?" She looked extremely bored and I had to remind myself to not scold her. She's not my sister, after all, so I can't treat her like it.

"It's time to eat, please come downstairs. Erik is *click* waiting for us." In the effort it took to not get mad at her attitude, I forgot to focus on suppressing until after I clicked.

"Uh, okay?" She slid her headphones back on, then looked at me one more time. "I'll be down in ten, let me finish my game."

I nodded, taking a breath as I turned away, and started back towards the stairs. I could faintly hear her saying "I've gotta go in like 10 minutes because my brother's girlfriend is being annoying, so let's finish up so I don't get grounded."