six.

POV: Erik Carter

I sighed in relief at her text. If she sent me her address, then that means she's actually okay with calming down a screaming child at 3 am.

I put Paige down in her rocker, ignoring the amplified wails that erupted from her tiny lungs. How does a child that size make a noise so loud??

I shoved my phone in my pocket and raced out to the garage to grab Paige's car-seat. As quickly as I could, I brought it back to the living room and placed her in it, then carried her to my car.

Shoving the keys into the ignition, I pulled up a map to get to Alexandria's house. It was fairly close by, so I didn't need to speed.

I did anyways.

As soon as I pulled up by her house, she speed-walked over to me. She wasn't twitching nearly as much as she was in class, which was confusing, but oh, well. Maybe she could explain.

I unlocked the doors, and was surprised when she climbed into the backseat, next to Paige. Immediately, all her attention was on the baby, as she rubbed her head and shushed her.

I smiled, before remembering where we were, and pulled away.

"How long has she *click* been crying?" Alexandria spoke up.

"Almost two hours. It's driving me nuts." She nodded, and I continued. "By the way, what's with the clicking and twitching?"

She sent me a forced smile, then looked back to Paige, who had not calmed down at all.

"I have tourettes, I think I *click* told you in math. But basically, my body makes unwanted movements, or tics. It's possible to suppress, but *click* draining, and normally doesn't end well."

I nodded at her explanation, the car going silent again except for Paige's screaming.

As soon as I parked in the driveway, Alexandria unbuckled herself, then Paige, and picked her up. She stood up from the car, holding my sister close to herself, and humming to her.

Climbing out immediately after Alexandria, I locked the car and went inside, then motioned for her to follow.

But the second I opened the door, I was met with a crying Spencer. Goodness, do I never get a break? I quickly hugged him back, ignoring the raised eyebrow that I got from Alexandria.

"Hey, bud, what's wrong? Why aren't you asleep?" I whispered, kneeling down to his level.

"I woke up, a-and you weren't there! I thought y-you left like Mama and Daddy." He said between sniffles.

I sighed. "I'm not leaving, Spence. I promise."

"Okay." He hugged me tighter.

"Here, bud, why don't we go back upstairs? It's really late, and you have school in the morning." I suggested, nudging him gently before looking to Alexandria. "You good with her?"

She nodded. "Yeah, go ahead."

I sent her a smile, then picked up Spencer koala style and carried him upstairs.