Prologue

In the vibrant yet often tumultuous halls of Westridge High School, Eliza Hunter and Arian Brooks were two stars, each burning with their own unique intensity. One was the quintessential good girl, admired by teachers and adored by her family. The other was the school's resident rebel, notorious for spending more time in detention than in classrooms. But beneath the veneer of high school labels and stereotypes, a profound connection simmered. Eliza, known to her friends as Lizzie, and Arian were not just friends; they were confidants, soulmates, and in the depths of their hearts, something more profound was brewing. Tongues, their alternative band, was their sanctuary. Together with Lizzie's twin brother, Ben, they transformed their shared love for music into an expression of raw emotion. Their band's lyrics spoke of secrets they dared not utter and the trials they faced beyond the stage. Lizzie, with her golden voice and bookish charm, had always been the girl who played by the rules. Her life was a picture of perfection, except for the one rule she couldn't follow - never fall for your best friend. Arian, the master of chaos, had a life defined by rebellion and pain. His refuge from the storms of his existence was Tongues and the friends who had become his family. As their worlds collided, the forces that pushed them apart grew stronger. But they were undeniably drawn to each other in ways neither could ignore. The story of Eliza and Arian, of Tongues, would become a tale of heartaches, secrets, and the profound love that defies the odds. It was a story that would test the bonds of friendship and the boundaries of the heart, as two souls, seemingly incompatible, ventured into the unknown, uncertain of the outcome but unwilling to let go of the emotions that bound them.