The winner takes it all

I couldn't believe what had happened. I got so consumed by my thoughts. After some time, I fell asleep from the exhaustion.

And I woke up in someone else's bed. It definitely wasn't mine. I looked down to see the same grey covers I'd regretted seeing, but no one else was around. I put 2 and 2 together and finally realized I was in König's and I's room.

I placed a hand on my forehead, a sharp exhale escaping my lips. I was tired, both psychologically and physically.

I sat up on the bed, sinking my face to my hands in embarrassment as I recalled the memories of our previous mission.

Wait, what time was it even...?

I searched for my phone, but couldn't find it. I turned to the side and took notice of a digital clock. It wrote 9.34 pm on the glass screen with vibrant, red letters.

I looked around. I placed my feet to the ground and walked to the table in the side of the room, in search of my phone. I found it, finally. I rang up König, even though the air felt awkward.

"Hey, y/n." I spoke softly, but his breathing was ragged. Maybe from training.

"Oh, hey, König. Um, any idea what happened? Any explanation as to why I'm in our room?" I asked, bringing 2 fingers to my lips and softly nibbling on my nails. I was anxious...?

"Oh, yeah. You fell asleep on my shoulder. I told Price I'd handle it and carried you back to our room." He replied calmly.

"I see. Um... so... are you training?" I asked. I heard a faint female voice from the other line.
I raised an eyebrow. What?

"Erm, somewhat, yes. Would you mind if I called you back? I'm kinda busy." He requested, quickly shutting the phone off and leaving me on the other side of the line, questioning everything.

I stared off in space. He was not alone. He was with another woman.

I felt betrayed. Why was that, though? It's not like we were officially or anything. It isn't even considered cheating.

I stood up and walked to the bathroom. I took notice of the light scar on my rib. A scratch only, thankfully.
It was tended to.
And then I remembered Ghost. Was he okay? I had to go see him.

I swiftly dressed myself up and headed for his room.

After a quick visit to his chambers, a word of reassurance, and a huge sigh of relief, I wandered around the Task Force. I had nothing else to do. It was just me and my thoughts.

And then I spotted König. I approached him, feeling a trace of anger and dread in the pit of my stomach.

"Hey." I spoke passive-aggressively.

"Oh, hi, y/n!" He smiled.

"Yeah, um... ahem. I have a question. We need to talk." I replied, sounding serious. My eyebrows were furrowed, eyes focused sharply on the sniper hooded man.

"Sure. What's up?" He asked, sounding coy.

I hesitated. I took a deep breath and looked up at him.

"What are we?" I asked, pressing my lips in a thin line.

"We are... teammates." He replied as if I'd just asked the dumbest thing in the world.

"No, I mean... us? Like-" He cut me off.

"We are friends, y/n. Nothing more, nothing less." I looked up at him, offended.

"Why the change of heart? You can't just have your way with me and then dip. That's not how it works." I responded, my heart burning with a different kind of fury.

"What do you mean, y/n? Weren't you the one who was having all these doubts about our relationship? I'd been unsure for so long. You were reckless in battle, and do you know why? Because of what happened between us. We can't put the Task Force to risk. If we lose you, we lose one of our greatest soldiers. You either man up and remain strictly professional with me, or you leave. I'm giving you this ultimatum. It's your choice. And know that I'm doing this for your own good. I love you, y/n. But I need you to be safe." He dreaded the words that fell off of his lips. I could tell. The sorrow in his eyes was visible, even with the hood on.

I didn't reply. I stared up at him, tears welling up in my eyes.

"König, I'm sure we'll be fine... right? We'll be fine! I won't be reckless anymore. I promise-"

"No, y/n. We can't let our emotions get in between us. Especially not on the battlefield. If I die, you won't be able to handle it. I know you. You're too sentimental." He replied, sounding somewhat cocky.

"What? Are you even listening to yourself? This isn't the König I met. This isn't the König I loved. I don't know what you've done to yourself or what others did to you, but you need to undo it immediately." I raised my voice slightly, my tone more serious.

"Y/n, listen to me. Whatever we had was a mistake. It was wrong. We can't. It just isn't possible." König whispered, taking a step towards me.

"And trust me, if I could change anything, I would." He added, acting emotional.

"You can. If you stop sleeping around, if you give in. Lower your walls. Please. Let your guard down, just for a little bit." I responded, sounding somewhat sad.

"I'm sorry, y/n, but we can't."