Chapter I: It's 𝘛𝘰𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 Not Stalking.

Lime peeked over the crimson-colored bushes, his eyes squinted slightly to better see Lemon. Cherry Christ,  he really needed to invest in some glasses. Ever since he had bumped into Lemon on the first day of Squashford University (not figuratively, he had to get stitches after), Lime was absolutely starstruck. 

He may or may not have ended up with a tiny crush on Lemon, that may or may not of soon developed into learning how to pick locks so he could scavenge around through her apartment when she wasn't home. Lime knew Lemon didn't mind, though. They were just that close.

Lime watched as Lemon lazily tossed her empty bottle of Arizona Tea into one of the many trash cans scattered around campus. The bottle stood on the edge for a second, before promptly falling in on top of all the other bottles with a clash. Lime would have to come back for that bottle. He shifted over slightly, sneaking down to swiftly run over to another bush. Lemon was a fast walker. Thanks to how ridiculously tall she was, like 5'9 or something, Lemon was able to take long, fast strides. Lime loved her, but she really shouldn't be so proud of her height. Men don't like tall women. 

Lime was soon cut out of his thoughts of Lemon and her height when he hears no other than Lemon's wonderful modulated voice. Upon looking up from his spot behind the bushes, Lime saw... is... is that an orange? 

"What are you doing here?" Lime heard Lemon say. Lemon had, from what Lime knew, lived more in the Northeastern part of Citrus City, which meant she had a New Yuzurian accent that didn't really fit her too well. He didn't mind, though.

The orange looked around tentatively. "Oh... Is this Cool Citrus City?" The orange asked. It's voice was silvery, raised slightly in pitch due to clear confusion. Lime hated it already. 

"Yes...?" Lemon questioned, sounding almost as confused as the orange. 

"I'm lost." Announced the orange bluntly. It stared up at Lemon, little to no thought behind it's eyes. They were just sort of... blank. Like a bug. It was creepy.

Lemon looked down at the orange. It was clear she though it was odd. Lime agreed. "Well... where are you from?" Lemon asked, trying to get more information. 

"I don't know." The orange stated in the same blunt, expressionless tone as before. 

"What's your name?"

"I don't know?" The orange said in a questioning tone, sounding unsure of itself. It looked down at it's feet, seemingly upset at the fact it didn't know it's own name. Lime had to bite back a snicker at how dumb the orange was.

Lemon, being the angel she is, noticed the orange's sad tone. So, in an attempt to make it feel better, Lemon chirped out, "Well, I'm Lemon. And... I'll call you juice."  The orange looked back up. It nodded. 

Cherry, that orange was 𝘴𝘶𝘤𝘩 a loser. He went to jump out of the bush, maybe make fun of the orange, when he realized something. Something big. That orange was trying to 𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘢𝘭 Lemon from him! How fucking dare it?! Lime clenched his fists. Oh... that stupid orange was going to get it...

"Hey ladies! What's shaking?" Lime asked, hoping out of his hiding place. The orange jumped back, visibly caught off guard. Pussy. Lemon, on the other hand, just smiled and gave Lime a little nod.

"Sup, Lime." Lemon greeted. She looked over to the orange, then back to Lime, now gesturing to the orange. "This is Juice."

Ew. Lime scowled and shot a dirty look to the orange. No way was he calling that 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 Juice. It was lucky Lime was polite enough to not say anything.

Lime shook his head. He can't spend time dawdling on that stupid thing. As much fun as it would be to start making fun of the stupid thing, or something, it shouldn't of been his biggest priority. He needed to win over Lemon. So instead, he just looked back over to Lemon, flashing her his iconic, charming smile.

"So Lemon, baby, you still coming over tonight?" Lime said flirtatiously. He watched as Lemon hesitated. She looked over to the side, at the orange, then back at Lime. 

"Uhm, I was going to let Juice stay at my place until we find her a place to stay." Said Lemon. Lime shot her a confused look. "It's sort of a long story. She doesn't really- we don't think she has a home." 

Lime let out a little snort at that. But when he realized that meant she won't be coming over, his smirk disappeared instantly. Instead, he returned to the scowl. Shoved his hands in his pockets. 

"𝘖𝘩. Okay." He grumbled. Grumpily, Lime avoided eye contact, silently mumbling under his breath about how stupid the stupid orange was. Lemon ignored it, though. Or she didn't hear him. Whichever it was, Lime got ignored by Lemon. 

Lemon looked over at the orange again. She offered out a hand for it to take, smiling at it. Lime gritted his teeth at Lemon's joyful expression. That should be 𝘩𝘪𝘮 she's smiling at, not some weirdo orange. 

"Let's go, Juice," Lemon hummed. She never sounded that happy when talking to Lime. 

The orange looked up at Lemon. It smiled back, tilting it's head slightly with a little, "okay." The orange took Lemon's hand--𝘩𝘪𝘴 Lemon's hand--and the two turned away from Lime, towards the more central part of Cool Citrus City. 

And just then, Lime decided one thing. He was going to get rid of that stupid orange, even if it was the last thing he ever did.