Rain but make it Cold. (Og Universe)

Disclaimer! (Please read, don't skip):
This was the original plot before I changed it. I found it cringe at first but now that I re-read it from my drafts I'm like, alright why not, so yes I hope you enjoy the OG version of this.
.
.
.
.
Warning! In this fic, reader is a female cryo dragon :). I apologize in advance if this turns out cringe/cliche. Its a random thought that passed through my head. So yh, I warned you, the rest if up to you whether you wish to continue or not.

!Small spoiler for later!
Noovy cries like Tanjiro when nezuko conquered the Sun. (To those who watched demon slayer yk if yk)
Flocon = Snowflake❄
.
.
.
"Snow...its....snowing...!?" Something the people of Fontaine never thought they would ever set sight to or experience. For the first time in the history of Fontaine, it was snowing, leaving all the citizens in awe to witness such a scene right before their very eyes. Due to Fontaine being located right behind a dessert, the temperatures remain unwavering during the days and only cools down during the nights when the sun disappears into the horizon. But allas the temperature in Fontaine never drops to the point where Fontaine becomes a winter wonderland. The people of Fontaine seemed amused and happy to experience such a uncommon and very rare occurrence, oblivious to the hidden conflicts of later. In a mater of seconds that soft snow fall turned into a violent, raging snowstorm. Alarmed, everyone fleed to the nearest shelters by the sudden drastic weather change, Little do they realize it was all a certain persons doing....

Here you were in the arms of your beloved mate, the one and only man of power in all of Fontaine, Neuvillette, screaming and shouting. You were trying to push your mate with all your force, your pupils formed into thin slits, tears spilling out of your crystaline eyes, being very hostile. If looks could kill you would definitely be rewarded with a trophy for it, but he overpowered you nonetheless and didn't let you go. You wouldn't even let him speak because of how frustrated and overwhelmed you were, you were squirming in his hold, staring right into his eyes with a piercing gaze with veins popping out of your faces sides neglecting his highly concerned expression, he admits he was intimidated for the first time by someone. None of the maids approached you to try and comfort you before he arrived, not because they didn't want to, more like they were terrified of you and what would've happened if they took one wrong step while trying to approach; you were looking at the them like they were prey. He adjourned an important trial for another day and rushed out of the Opera as soon as he heard security announce the sudden snowstorm outbreak happening outside, he didn't need explanations, he already knew who to go to. You've been showing signs of oddness the past few days, but what's got you so riled up all of a sudden? You ripped your fierce gaze away from his expression and faced the window instead; your fierce gaze shifting into a drained and pained one, your pupils softening as tears start pouring down thicker and heavier. "Hey....hey.....ok....it's alright, calm down ma belle, let it all out....." he says wipping away your tears pulling you closer to him looking at you with a heart broken expression, seeing you pained and broken is the last thing he wants to see when it comes to you. Holding you close his warm embrace, you cry your heart out, the violent howling of the snowstorm being heard from the outside through the thin glass window. "What's gotten you so winded......" he thought as he caresses your hair combing it's way through, you snuggling closer to him still crying. After a while, all your weight falls onto Neuvillette, your crying died down and the storm outside did as well, you weren't moving, you were frozen still in Neuvillette's arms. "....Chéri?" he lifts your chin with one hand and sees your flushed red cheeks stained in tears fallen into a deep unconscious state. "Chéri!?" alarmed he picked you up and placed you on the bed calling for the maids to get a doctor, he can clearly sense the difference between falling asleep and falling unconscious.
.
.
.
Turns out you had a high fever, what caused it was something the doctor was not able to decipher since you're a dragon and it's rare for you creatures to get sick. He suggested a blood test, which Neuvillette agreed to without hesitation as long as he gets an answer to get you back on your feet and happy again. The tests came back and it turned out to be a nerve corrupting liquid that was somehow injected into your body. Neuvillette was furious, enraged upon hearing that a low life soul dared to mess with what belongs to him and only him. He directly opened an investigation in order to uncover the history of the nerve wrecking liquid, the side effects, and who was the last to buy such a thing. After a lot of searching, they found the one responsible behind your violent behavior and he was directly sentenced to a lifetime at the Fortress of Meropide without a trial. Neuvillette took care of his case personally in his office, he just got lucky that he showed 1 ounce of mercy otherwise the recordless death sentence would've had a record. This left the people quite disappointed, mostly Furina, he didn't care tho, at least he caught the one who was responsible for your violent behavior.
.
.~ 3 days later
.
Fontaine hasn't seen this much rain since the archon war. Here he was holding your hand silently weeping his heart out. The thought of losing you was the last string holding his sanity. He's sure it would snap if you were to leave so suddenly, what would happen to your planned future otherwise? Your wedding, having kids he would finally call his own (melusines crying at the corner 💔), raising them together, etc. He was so lost in thought he didn't sense your crystaline gaze staring at him, sitting upwards. "N..euvi....?" His train of thoughts snapped and he looks at you with wide eyes, tears escaping through the open opportunity. "Mon amour! Y..you're awake! You're finally awake...!" he held your face and directly hugged you tightly, bursting into a crying fit, he was crying because he was so relieved, the dark clouds outside started to release water harshly. You're finally awake, and you're ok! The nerve wrecking drug finally out of your system. "h..ey..." You hug him back weakly and rub/pat his back comforting his frustration, "...don't cry...i'm ok now.....". After some time he calmed down and so did the storm outside, he grabbed your hands and peppered light kisses on them repeatedly, "I'm so glad you're finally awake my love...." he says with a soft broken voice. You nod in response, one hand leaving his warm one, and against your forehead. "I am better.....tho I do apologize for my...outburst." "Don't. You weren't yourself dear." "mm...but still...I'm sure I caused a stir outside....that's not good for the people...what if things got so bad to the point people started getting injured..?" "...I wouldn't allow it to get worse, seeing you in pain is the last thing I want to think about.." You give him a small pained smile, "Are you sure you're alright dear..?" "..I am I am, just a bit dizzy...I also have a headache..." "Ah, I see, let me bring you pain killers and some water..are you craving anything..?" You thought for a moment, then nod "Crème Caramel sounds energizing..." (typical sweet tooth Y/N) he nods and tells the maids directly. After some time, the maids bought your dessert and medicine. You first take a bite of the dessert and you were practically beaming with joy, "Its the way you want it?" You nod happily and offer him a bite which he gladly takes. You proceed to place down the spoon and take your painkillers; you sigh in relief, "I feel drained even tho I've been out for a while." "It's the side effects.. don't worry you'll recover soon, the doctor told me everything necessary. Until your recovery I'll be right next to you" he caresses your cheek, "I appreciate that, amour, mais, what about the trials, Furina, your papers, you-" "Please flocon, you're worth more than anything. If I were to abandon everything about my work for you, I most certainly would without hesitation." He places a kiss on your forehead. You smile and grab his hand with yours, squeezing it, "..I love you...so much....I'm sorry if I hurt you indirectly." "I love you too...and stop apologizing now. I say it's best if you rest hm?" "Will you cuddle with me..?" "Of course, anything for you flocon." He removes the tray off your lap and places it on the desk. He walks back towards you and lays down next to you, under the warn fuzzy blanket. His hands wrapping around you, he pulls you into his warm embrace and holds you close to him, relaxing. You both eventually drift off to dream land in each other's warm embrace, knowing that when you wake up, everything will be ok. :)

~ Fin