Lupita continued eating but jumped when she felt something rub against her legs. She sat up straight and immediately a small black creature jumped on her lap. When Lupita took a closer look, she realized it was a cat. A very cute cat. It was pitch black with piercing green eyes.

"Hello," Lupita said and quickly cleaned her hands on the towel before presenting her hand to the cat. The cat sniffed her fingers before rubbing its head against her hand and purring loudly. "You're cute," she said and laughed when the cat stood up on its back legs and began pressing its head against her face. Its front paws rested on her chest and began kneading while it rubbed against her neck and face.

"Seems like Fluffy likes you," Bela said and Lupita tilted her head at the cat. It wasn't that fluffy. It was a short hair. Maybe it had a little more fluff in some places though. Like around its neck. "She doesn't always like people," Bela continued and smirked. "Didn't think a wolf would like a cat."

"I like all animals," Lupita said as she gently pushed the cat away from her face when it started licking her. "Though not all animals like me."

"Well, I can understand why she likes you. Though someone might not," Bela said and it only took Lupita a few seconds to turn crimson as she understood. This was Ambrosia's familiar. And it was currently rolling around in her lap and purring like a maniac. She stared wide-eyed at the older woman who was trying her best not to burst out laughing it seemed. "You can rest easy knowing what she truly feels," she said with a smile before coming over. Her smile faltered as she caught a glimpse of Lupita's other palm. "What is that?"

Lupita immediately closed her fists and looked away from the woman. "Nothing," she said quietly and focused on the little black void in her lap who was still rubbing her body against hers.

"Show me," Bela said in a stern voice which caused Lupita to flinch.

"I-I'd rather no-," she was cut off by Bela grabbing both her wrists. Lupita opened them and looked away from the woman, trying not to cry as the grip on her wrists tightened. "Pl-please... please let go," Lupita said as the world started to turn to mush and her wrists ached. Bela let go immediately and Lupita let out a shaky breath as she massaged her wrists. But they were snatched again, softer this time. She looked up and saw Bela carefully examine the faint scar that ran around her wrists. She then went to look at Lupita's face and noticed the scar on her nose and cheeks. Before Lupita could say anything, the woman had carefully lifted the collar around her neck to reveal another scar.

"This has happened to you before," the woman whispered. She sounded scared. "How? When? It's illegal in these parts and I imagined the entire world but..." she trailed off at looked to where Ambrosia was sitting. She had turned to face them and her eyebrows were furrowed. "I'll be right back," Bela said and gave her phone to Lupita. "Call the person you want to call." Then she stood up and told Ambrosia to follow her.

Lupita didn't want to pry so she quickly pressed the numbers she had memorized on the strange device and put the phone to her ear. As it rang she realized it had gotten dark out. John was likely worried out of his mind. Lupita would often disappear, yes, but she told him when.

The ringing stopped and was replaced by John's frantic voice, though he was calmer than last time. "Where are you? Do you want me to come get you? Are you safe?" his words came out like a waterfall and Lupita smiled knowing she had someone who cared this much for her.

"I'm in the vampire district. I am not sure which house. Yes, please come and get me, and I hope I am safe. As safe as a werewolf in a city full of vampires can be," she said in a small voice.

"Are you comfortable telling me what happened?" John asked over the phone and Lupita heard a door close.

"When we are alone. I don't trust this thing," she said and heard John laugh on the other end.