17- Hellish Traning

Start from the beginning

Yet, Sora seemed to be the exception to this indifference. There was something about Sora's teasing remarks and playful demeanor that ignited a strange feeling within him, a feeling he couldn't quite define.

It was puzzling to Tsukishima, this uncharacteristic effect Sora had on him. He prided himself on his emotional detachment, but Sora seemed to effortlessly breach his defenses, leaving him questioning his own feelings and reactions. It was a sensation both unfamiliar and unsettling, and Tsukishima found himself grappling with the unexpected impact Sora had on his usually composed demeanor.

========================

Sora was walking towards the Karasuno Tennis court.

"Sora-san!" He heard Ichigo from behind.

He turned around and saw his black-haired senpai running to him.

"Hey, Mikoto-senpai," Sora greeted his black-haired senpai with a warm smile as Ichigo caught up to him.

Ichigo's eyes were wide with excitement. "There's a new coach in this club!" he exclaimed. "Hideo-san told me that he's a world-class tennis coach! What was he like!?"

Sora paused for a moment, considering his words carefully. "Well... I guess you could say he's compassionate?" he replied, a thoughtful expression on his face.

"Oh, I see," Ichigo nodded in understanding.

"Anyway, wanna walk together?" Sora suggested, his friendly demeanor inviting Ichigo to join him.

"Sure!" Ichigo agreed, falling into step beside Sora as they continued their way toward the tennis court, anticipation bubbling between them for what lay ahead under the guidance of their new coach.

...

They arrived at the tennis court, their eyes widening in surprise as they took in the array of training equipment spread out before them. Among the assortment were training cones, dumbbells, jump ropes, resistance bands, agility ladders, medicine balls, and mats that could be used for Yoga or Pilates.

"What the...when did these get here?" Ichigo exclaimed, his disbelief mirrored in Sora's eyes.

"I think Nicholas has something to do with this," Sora muttered, his mind already connecting the dots.

Their attention then shifted to Hideo, who stood still amidst the equipment, his expression a mix of bewilderment and fascination.

"Hideo-senpai!" Ichigo called out, his voice cutting through the stunned silence.

Hideo jolted from his surprise and turned around to face Sora and Ichigo. "Sora-san and Ichigo! You scared me," he said, placing a hand over his racing heart.

"S-senpai, did you purchase these with our club funds?" Ichigo inquired, his eyes widening with concern as he and Sora went close to Hideo.

Hideo shook his head, a frown creasing his brow. "No, I didn't," he replied, his voice laced with confusion.

"I BOUGHT THEM!" Nicholas suddenly exclaimed behind them.

"AHHHHH!" Sora, Hideo, and Ichigo screamed in surprise, their voices overlapping in a harmonious chorus of shock. They turned around to see Nicholas, their new coach, standing there with a wide grin on his face, clearly enjoying their startled reactions.

"You bought all of this?" Hideo asked, his eyes still wide with amazement.

Nicholas nodded, his enthusiasm was infectious. "From now on, your training will not only be tennis-specific; it will now also be multifaceted and holistic. We'll incorporate elements from various sports and fitness disciplines, focusing not just on enhancing your tennis skills, but also on building overall strength, agility, endurance, and mental resilience. This comprehensive approach will not only make you better tennis players but also well-rounded athletes."