Chapter 3

Branch glanced at the invitation Poppy had given him earlier that day, then glanced at the invitations on his shelf. Poppy was really trying if she was giving him invitations to all these events. Was it really wrong for him to turn her down like that? He couldn't help but feel guilty, she probably invited him to over a hundred parties, and he turned down every single one. He was suddenly snapped out of his thoughts when he heard pounding and quickly hid all the invitations behind a curtain.

Biggie: Branch, it's us!

Mr. Dinkles: Mew.

Branch slightly opened his trapdoor so you could only see his eyes.

Branch: What? You wanna invite me to your party?!

DJ Suki: Sad to say it, man, but the party's over!

Branch: Then why are you here?!

Cooper: We have bad news, but you're not gonna like it!

Branch: What are you talking about? Wait a minute...where's Poppy?

______________________

Poppy's eyes began to flutter open slowly, she had a terrible dream that all the trolls were discovered by a Bergen and that the big party was ruined. She slowly sat up rubbing her eyes, she didn't know how long it's been, but she was still absolutely exhausted. If she didn't know better, she would've thought she was in her bed, but when her vision finally adjusted, she realized it wasn't a dream, it was real. She was captured, miles away from her home, no one around to be with her. When the princess took a glimpse outside the fanny pack, she realized her worst fears were confirmed, she was in fact in Bergen Town.

Poppy: No...

This couldn't be true, the whole experience felt like a bad dream, but it was real, she was in fact taken captive.

Poppy: Let me out!!!

Chef: Silence! Save your breath for your final words!

Final words?! No, this couldn't be true, it wasn't going to happen, who would be the new ruler of the trolls? Wait, she wasn't worried about that, she was worried about her friends, her father, her people! What if the Bergens found them?! She would never be able to come clean about her scar! Her final hours with that guilt of keeping them away from the truth! Poppy sobbed silently thinking about the opportunities that slipped through her fingers, and how she may never see her fellow trolls again.

Poppy: Please help me...

________________________

Branch could feel his heart stop the minute he heard the bad news.

Branch: Poppy's gone?!

Biggie: She fainted and was taken by a Bergen!

Branch: I knew it!

Although Branch tried to put on his "I told you so" attitude, deep down, he was aching for Poppy. Like mentioned in the last chapter, he hated big parties, but being around Poppy made him feel like he was floating on air. Imagine what Poppy was going through at this very moment.

DJ Suki: At this point, Branch, you're the only troll we can count on. You're also the only troll we know that knows a lot about Bergens.

That part was true, he had a survival bunker for crying out loud. Whatever he had to survive a Bergen or to defend himself from a Bergen were all down in his bunker. But even so, you never know when to expect a Bergen, that's why he was known to be crazy prepared.

Biggie: Branch, will you help us?

Mr. Dinkles: Mew.

Guy Diamond: Look, if you don't want to, we'll go after her ourselves.