your light in my eyes III

Start from the beginning

And everytime he was in her presence, she was lovely.

Satoru blinked, blue eyes pausing on a book displayed on a stand. At first glance, it looked like a children's book. It was a collection of stories, western fairytales, all compiled into a small book. The cover heavily emphasized that the stories were the original stories, whatever that meant. But nevertheless, it piqued his interest. He picked it up, then flipped through the pages, stopping at a random page. The first word he caught sight of was the word "chopped," then "chopped him in pieces."

Oh. Oh my. Satoru's mouth curved into a sly smile, and he snickered quietly. It was perfect.

Hina was going to love this.

-

Another curse attack had spawned in an abandoned clinic.

"It was quite a well-known family-owned clinic back in the seventies," Ijichi explained, reading a report. "However, in 1986, it experienced an unfortunate fire that took the lives of seven patients, along with the lives of the Arakawa family—the family who owned the clinic."

Satoru sighed, arms crossed as he stared at the abandoned building in front of him. It was a demon's lair. He could see spikes and worms of cursed energy seeping through the walls, curses blinking back at him. He had the urge to stick his tongue out at them.

Ijichi cleared his throat. "Due to the high number of curses present, the clinic had been labeled as haunted, according to the general public. As a result, normal humans had been going here as a challenge, and luckily most of them survived. One girl, Tanaka Aoi, was severely injured after entering the clinic back in 2010. However, a week ago, a popular streamer named Yamashita Haruto, aged twenty-one, was dared by his viewers to enter the clinic."

Satoru tilted his head. "And then?"

Ijichi's eyebrows furrowed. "He was unfortunately attacked by a second grade curse, and was impaled by a steel pole. His death had been recorded on his livestream, and the general public is now divided into two. Half believe in the supernatural—and could see curses—and the other half believe in, well the opposite. Yamashita had apparently been involved in a serious scandal last year concerning his alleged drug addiction."

Satoru sighed, sliding his hands into his pockets. "There we go, now I'm all caught up."

The curse had whipped through decaying curtains, shattering glass windows along the halls, leaping from floor to floor. Then there it was. That scent. That familiar pattern of cursed energy, sly and secretive.

This curse belonged to someone, someone he knew all too well.

Satoru kept his voice low. "I'll send Panda and Toge here tomorrow. I'll stand by to supervise them in case we have any unexpected visitors."

Ijichi grimaced, eyebrows pulled together. "Gojo-san, you think it really—"

"I don't think, I know." Satoru stated, narrowing his eyes at the curses crawling on the walls. He gritted his teeth. They squinted their eyes at him menacingly, seemingly trying to taunt him. As if they were his eyes, as if they were his last laugh.

"That sly hypocrite," Satoru bit out, bile simmering in his chest. "Geto Suguru."

-

He couldn't shake it off of him.

Suguru knew all the ways to piss him off. He knew which button to press, which step to take, all the wrong things to say, all the wrong things to do. He was planning something. Suguru was planning something, and he wasn't afraid to let the entire Jujutsu world know about it. He wasn't even trying to hide it. Satoru wouldn't allow his students to go down the same path Suguru did. He refused to do that to them.