your light in my eyes III

aaaaaand you're officially at part 2! Yay! I'm so happy u stayed for this long! 🥹

now here's the chapter where the real fluff and heartache and tension comes in, so pls enjoy!

——

Satoru was no stranger to attraction. He allowed himself to play around with the idea, the feeling, but he never let himself get too far. It wasn't that hard, really. No one ever made him think otherwise.

Those urges and desires came and left. He never experienced true disappointment in the field of attraction. It was probably because he was too absorbed in his own world, his role within Jujutsu society, as foolish as it sounded. He didn't have much time to entertain the idea for too long, and perhaps, over time, he preferred it that way.

So maybe he was attracted to Hina. And maybe, well—maybe she was attracted to him too.

Among the many things that were unspoken between them, attraction was one of them. Hina, most likely, was trying to suppress her feelings. Satoru, on the other hand, wasn't much different. He came to that sudden realization the second Hina had leaned in, holding a pair of scissors as she trimmed the hair that fell over his eyes. He was out of his mind, letting her do this. And he could tell, by the way her eyes sparkled, that she was on the same boat.

That too, was unspoken between them.

He was out of his mind, when he didn't say a word when she accidentally slipped forward, her hand grasping the back frame of the chair he was sitting on. His hand flew over her back, holding itself inches away from the fabric covering her skin. He could feel the heat of her body, hovering under his palm, over his body. Satoru blinked, swallowing at the close proximity.

Oh god.

"Sorry," Hina winced, blinking at his hair. He didn't respond. He didn't say a word, not even when Hina remained in the position they were in, continuing to trim his bangs. She was out of her mind, not removing herself from the position she was in, her knee sitting between his own. She was out of her mind, doing this, allowing her breath to brush against his cheek, her nose nudging ever so lightly against his. To have her lips so close to his.

If it were anyone else, he'd take advantage of the opportunity to feel, to feel and to take, quickly and rushed, before leaving those feelings just as quick as he took them.

But this was Hina. And when she realized what she was doing, it took her less than a second to flinch back. He stared at her, watching as her cheeks flared, ears turning red, lips quivering.

Oh dear, Satoru thought, somewhat dazed.

She was out of her mind, not knowing what she did to him.

-

Satoru let his eyes skim from book to book, fingers tilting the books out of place so that he could have a glimpse at the cover. He scoffed, shoving a book back into its place, sighing. He'd made Hina promise him that in time, when he needed it, she'd have to fulfill a favor for him. He'd thought about so many things (including the things he probably shouldn't ask her), and each time he thought about it, his mind would always stray back to the moment she saw him reading a story for her students.

He remembered the soft movement of her hand as she described the story, the change in her voice when she read, the smile she wore when her students would laugh. He'd think back to that moment, over and over again. And each time he'd think back to it, he'd remember something new.

Just recently, he had remembered it whenever he noticed her reading the directions on a brownie mix box. In that moment, she looked beautiful. In that memory, she was beautiful.