On the way, she opened her terminal and connected to the interstellar network. News about General Yize's tragic demise bombarded her.

Citizens throughout the empire mourned Yize. This young and accomplished general met an untimely end, leaving everyone deeply saddened.

Seeing these reports, Ella remained calm.

Ella arrived at the military base and was stopped outside. "I am General Yize's wife, and I need to see his adjutant," she told the artificial intelligence system calmly.

Five minutes later, Yize's adjutant personally came to escort her inside.

Ella asked directly, "What happened?"

The adjutant brought Ella to a meeting room, closed the door, and said, "I'm very sorry, ma'am."

"Tell me the details," Ella said calmly, looking at the adjutant.

The adjutant suddenly felt that the Ella in front of him was completely different from the one he had in mind.

"The general went on a mission and was surrounded by a group of interstellar pirates. Later, the ship exploded. The last message we received was just that."

"Days ago?"

The adjutant hesitated and said, "Three days ago."

"Have you sent out search teams?"

"Yes, we're still searching. However, the data retrieved from the black box indicates that the general was on board commanding when the ship exploded."

"What mission was he on? Is the route classified?"

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but I can't disclose that information."

Ella took a deep breath and spoke calmly, "Tell me the coordinates of the incident location and the specifics of the mission. I am Yize's legal wife, and as he is an Omega, I, as his Alpha, have full guardianship rights over him. Therefore, I also have the right to be informed. Now that the mission has failed and no longer falls under classified information, please tell me."

Ella's tone was extremely confident, well-structured, and her reasons were entirely reasonable, leaving the adjutant with no room for refusal.

"The General was investigating the space pirate 'Sparrow.'"

Ella heard "Sparrow" and was momentarily stunned, quickly grasping the nearby table for support to steady herself.

The adjutant was surprised by Ella's reaction and explained, "You may not be familiar with this person; he is a thief, but..."

"So he went to the W35 galaxy?" Ella interrupted the adjutant.

"Yes, how did you know..."

"How long has he been handling the 'Sparrow' case?"

"Just since the beginning of this month."

Ella sighed, realizing it was not long after their wedding.

The adjutant then provided Ella with the coordinates of the incident.

"I understand," Ella nodded. "I won't jump to conclusions until I have the full facts."

Under her breath, in a voice only she could hear, Ella muttered, "I never believed in the 'perished with no trace' nonsense."

Seeing Ella's reaction, the adjutant assumed she was overly distressed and tried to comfort her, "Madam, there's no need to panic. Your livelihood will be assured from now on."

The adjutant had always believed Ella had entered into a marriage with Yize for her own interests, so at this moment, he didn't think she would be upset about Yize's death.

"No need to trouble yourself, thank you," Ella replied before leaving.

The adjutant stood in place, shaking his head as he watched Ella depart.

Ella didn't go to the Yize residence. Instead, she piloted her spacecraft back to the maintenance shop in the Ninth District.

Ella took the ring she had held tightly in her palm and placed it in the safe, locking it securely. She quickly packed her belongings.

Next, she opened her terminal and contacted Ahong, but it took three attempts before he answered.

"How are things on your end?" Ella inquired.

"Not too good; things have been chaotic around here lately, with heightened security checks," Ahong responded, sounding a bit out of breath, and there was considerable noise in the background.

Ahong's voice paused for a moment, and he whispered, "Ella, my condolences."

"It's fine. I don't believe he's dead. I won't believe it until I find enough evidence." Ella's voice was calm, as if she were saying, "I won't believe the weather forecast's prediction of rain until it actually rains."

Ahong sighed on the other end. "Are you coming over?"

"Yes, you don't need to come back right now. I'll let you know when I'm on my way."

"Take care of yourself."

"I will."

Ella hung up the phone, entered the warehouse, and ascended to the rooftop using a vertical passage. The rooftop was piled with garbage, but Ella pressed a remote control device in her hand, causing the pile of trash to instantly disappear. Under the illusion of this virtual trash heap, there was a somewhat aged small spacecraft.

Sewer System

Planet G5-1 in the W35 galaxy was located at the edge of the entire galaxy and was covered in mountains of garbage.

Most of the people on this planet survived by scavenging through these piles of trash.

Two scruffy Alpha males were sifting through the garbage when one of the taller men sniffed the air.

"Do you smell that?" he asked his companion, a bearded man with a scruffy face.

"Smell what?"

"There's a particularly pleasant scent." The man had been sniffing around, trying to identify the source of this sweet fragrance.

"What kind of pleasant scent can there be in a trash heap..." The bearded man spoke but suddenly stopped, "Damn, it's real. This smells incredible."

"That way!" The taller man pinpointed the direction, dropped the item he had just picked up on the ground, and strode in the direction of the alluring scent, with the bearded man closely following.

Their biological instincts made them feel that this scent was extraordinarily delightful.

"There's a person over there!" The taller one spotted a "corpse" lying in the trash heap, revealing more than half of their body.

The two men rushed over, and the sweet scent grew even more pronounced.

"It's an Omega!" The taller man sniffed and widened his eyes, staring in disbelief at the "corpse" in the trash.

The bearded man also widened his eyes upon hearing this. On their remote and desolate planet, Omegas were practically nonexistent.

On this trash planet, just surviving was difficult enough, so very few people would consider having children, and even if they did give birth to a precious Omega, the Omega Protection Association would promptly take them away from this garbage heap.

Encountering an Omega in their lifetime was an incredible stroke of luck.

Shocked but also melancholic, the bearded man sighed, "It's a shame I don't have the skills to work on a corpse."

The taller man lifted the "corpse" out, and his dark fingers caressed the gland on the neck, fascinated.

This was a male Omega, with tattered clothes, charred black from burns. His exposed skin was covered in wounds, and his face was smeared with bloodstains and dirt, making his original appearance unrecognizable. Nevertheless, it was clear that he had experienced great hardship.