CHAPTER 1: I HAVE A BOYFRIEND

Start from the beginning

"We really can't wait for another week. Do you think he can just spare a tiny bit of time? A phone interview will also be fine!"

"I don't think that's possible. I can't disclose his schedule to you, but he is packed for this entire week."

"Then what about tonight!" Zheng Shuyi asked anxiously, "Will he have some time? Just three hours... no, two will be enough."

Before waiting for a reply, Zheng Shuyi gritted her teeth and continued, "One hour will do! Please just let me come."

For almost the past month, she had been preparing for this interview. She thoroughly went over every possible detail of Shi Yan that was available to her, especially the major projects that he was working on currently. This article might be a life-changer for her.

After being silent for a moment, Chen Sheng continued with a low voice, "There is an important banquet that Mr. Shi is attending tonight. Maybe, remember, just maybe, he can spare some time during this, so will you..."

"Yes!" Zheng Shuyi agreed instantly, "Just give me the address and I can go there and wait."

Before hanging up, Chen Sheng emphasized again, "Ms. Zheng, I can arrange a place for you there, but I can't ensure that he will have time to spare. You might return empty-handed."

——

The voice disappeared and was replaced with a mechanical beeping sound ringing beside her ear. Zheng Shuyi's head fell back to the desk with a thump, and a sense of blankness followed. She felt awful.

She should be happy that she still got a chance to interview Shi Yan.

However, her mental state was completely beaten down after hearing that the perfect opportunity she was waiting for had just evaporated. There was nothing she could do about it.

Today was her boyfriend Yue Xingzhou's birthday.

It would be the first birthday that they spend together.

Yue Xingzhou even reserved seats at a fancy restaurant, ordered movie tickets, and was waiting to celebrate with her after work.

Now, not only could she not be able to accompany Yue Xingzhou on his birthday, but she also had to work overtime, and there was even a chance that these would all go to waste.

Zheng Shuyi's face was twisted. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before closing her computer and packing her bag.

Next to her, Kong Nan was immersed in typing up an article when hearing the movement. "What's wrong?" she said.

Zheng Shuyi placed a hand on the table and waited for the pain in her stomach to pass and replied, "The interview time changed. I have to go there tonight."

"Huh?" Kong Nan noticed Zheng Shuyi's face.

Although her skin was fairly white originally, there was no trace of vitality now. She seemed weak and sickly.

"Are you sure you can make it?"

"What else can I do? Not as if I have a choice."

Zheng Shuyi walked to the printer, took a stack of documents, and stared at the floor for a while.

The printer shifted around robotically, and paper started to stack up in front of her.

Suddenly she heard a phone ring. The noise broke Zheng Shuyi's thoughts as she suddenly raised her head, blinked her eyes, and took out her phone.

It was not her phone, but she remembered that she should call Yue Xingzhou to notify him of the sudden change. Just as she was opening her contacts to find him, he called.