Security personnel rushed in to escort the man out.

"Wait," Yi Ze let go of Ella and walked to the center of the cleared space, stopping the security personnel.

"I'm here. Who are you?" Yi Ze calmly looked at the man.

"You're asking who I am? You don't recognize me?" The man's eyes were bloodshot, and he glared at Yi Ze malevolently. "Yi Ze, you son of a *****, I'm going to ****ing kill you!"

"Who are you, exactly?" Yi Ze's expression remained unchanged.

"Fine, listen up, my name is Li! Today, I challenge you to a duel!"

Defeated by an Omega with a single move, and then locked up for so long, Li felt that it was the greatest humiliation he had ever suffered as an Alpha. He should have taken on this Omega at the time, thoroughly punished him, torn apart his ridiculous military uniform, and made him cry and beg for mercy!

"I accept," Yi Ze's tone was casual. "Come on."

The people at the scene witnessed this unexpected turn of events and stood by with a spectator's attitude. No one intervened.

In fact, they couldn't stop it. According to the Empire's tradition, a duel was legal as long as both parties agreed, regardless of the outcome.

However, the current issue was that although both were males, Yi Ze was an Omega. The Alpha pheromones from the other party could impose physiological suppression on him. Even if Yi Ze could resist the pheromone suppression, physical contact during the fight would be considered "indecent" behavior for an Omega.

But Yi Ze didn't seem to consider these factors. He had genuinely accepted the duel and was ready to take action.

People around them were engaged in hushed conversations.

Ella heard it all too well. Some were mocking her, saying that when an Omega was challenged to a duel, the Alpha wife should step up and take the Omega's place in the duel. Others pitied Yi Ze, saying he had found a useless Alpha.

Ella was conflicted. She didn't care about how people viewed her; she could comfortably play the role of a kept man without any concern.

However, Yi Ze had just told her not to move, and it was clear that the current situation was something Yi Ze had anticipated, which meant he should be able to handle it.

Ella didn't know if her involvement in this matter would hinder Yi Ze. But the comments from the people around about an Omega's sense of shame made her feel uncomfortable. She didn't want Yi Ze to be subjected to such criticism. Someone as brilliant as him should not be disparaged.

"Wait a moment," Ella called out and stepped out of the crowd.

Yi Ze furrowed his brow slightly and looked at Ella, but in public, he couldn't directly command his Alpha, so he could only warn her with his eyes.

But once Ella had made her decision, nothing, not even a rocket launcher, could bring her back.

Ella stood in front of Yi Ze, refusing to meet his gaze.

Yi Ze couldn't stop her and could only worry silently. His slender Alpha wife was in no way a match for Li.

"It's you! You dog AO! Get lost! I want to duel with that guy surnamed Yi Ze!" Li recognized Ella, and his anger flared even more. He had not only been tied up for a week and force-fed scraps of food that barely kept him from starving, but he also had to listen to the noises this pair of dog AOs made every day, which could be heard from a floor away! It drove him insane!

He was even more furious now.

"I am his Alpha, and I must take responsibility for his safety, so I'll replace him in the duel with you." Ella faced Li, glanced at him, then lowered her gaze. To onlookers, this delicate Alpha woman appeared so frightened that she trembled and couldn't meet the other's eyes.

"You clueless Alpha, come on. I'll make you watch me make him cry!" Li shouted.

Ella took a few steps forward, getting closer to Li.

Yi Ze had to resist the urge to grab Ella; as an Omega, he wasn't allowed to publicly interfere with his Alpha's actions.

Li clenched his fist and swung it at Ella. Terrified, Ella dodged just in time, evading the blow. However, Li, in his overzealous attempt, lost his balance and stumbled.

Ella raised her arms to shield her head and discreetly peered at Li through the gap between her arms.

Omegas in the room were so frightened that they covered their eyes and sought refuge in the arms of Alphas.

Yi Ze watched Ella's frail movements, and it felt like his heart was about to leap out of his throat.

Li could easily strangle Ella!

Yi Ze was prepared to intervene at any moment to save her.

As a result, while Li aggressively attacked Ella, she miraculously managed to dodge his blows.

The people in the room were utterly amazed, thinking that this Alpha's luck was out of this world.

In the next move, Ella couldn't avoid it, and Li's fist grazed past her cheek. She stumbled and fell to the ground, accidentally tripping Li with her leg, causing his forehead to hit the edge of a table. He instantly passed out and fell flat on the floor.

Ella was terrified, trembling as she sat on the ground.

Yi Ze quickly rushed over, picked Ella up in his arms, and looked coldly at the head of the Li family, saying, "I'll wait for your explanation." He then carried Ella out without looking back.

Yi Ze stood tall, effortlessly carrying Ella as if she had no weight.

The head of the Li family watched Yi Ze's departing figure with a flicker in his eyes.

***

Ella was carried horizontally by Yi Ze and suddenly thought, "I'm enjoying the treatment of a princess again." She felt so delighted.

"Why are you grinning? Did you go mad from fear?" Yi Ze's cold voice came from above her, snapping Ella out of her reverie. She nervously shrugged her shoulders.

"Do you realize your fear now? I told you not to move, but where did you think you were going?" Yi Ze said in an unusual tone, and Ella couldn't help but look at him. He was angry, and it was the first time she had heard Yi Ze speak in such a manner, the first time she had seen him lose his temper.

She thought he would never show any emotional fluctuations.

"What are you looking at?" Yi Ze gave Ella a glance and resumed his cold expression. He placed Ella in the aircraft and sat with her in the back seat.

The pilot didn't say a word and started the aircraft.

"How are you feeling now? Any discomfort?" Yi Ze sighed and asked Ella.

Ella, with her neck tucked in and unable to look Yi Ze in the eye, mumbled softly, "My arm."

Yi Ze gently lifted Ella's arm and noticed a slight bruise. "It's just a bruise. I'll have it treated when we get back."

Ella's eyes flickered, and she finally spoke. "I'm sorry for causing trouble."

Yi Ze glanced at her and sighed, his expression softening. "It's not your fault. I shouldn't have allowed you to interfere."

Ella felt a sense of warmth hearing those words. Yi Ze might be an Alpha with a strong and composed demeanor, but he had his moments of vulnerability, just like anyone else.