21 || light

You sat down on a cold bench, hiding your face into your blue scarf to protect your nose from the harsh blows of icy air.

The stars quilted the deep night, sparkling clearly in the dark sky above you. Everything around you screamed with excitement; each and every light standing out along the train platform looked like it was shining with the warmest gleam to announce his arrival.

Tokyo had been festive that whole day. People seemed nicer, simpler. Even the intricate streets, the cold buildings; everything was being kind to you. Much, much kinder than it had ever been in the past few months. And you were excited to have something so nice to show Iwa; finally know more about something than him - it'd make you appear independent, grown.

You'd finally have one thing to guide him in, something that he could rely on you for. He'd been your point of reference, the person who you looked up to. Now, he could take a break, and just let himself be drawn into your hands.

With a long, loud screech coming from afar, the train warned you to get yourself ready, fix yourself for the last time before the big moment. Your cheeks were already starting to burn, your hands latched one onto the other, fingers nervously picking at your nails.

Time seemed to stretch infinitely, almost as if to let you catch every single frame of the unstoppable train. It was glued to the moving background behind it; and having cancelled every noise other than the deafening shriek of the railways, the city's infrastructures celebrated his long awaited arrival.

As the doors opened, composed floods of passengers stepped onto the platform, their chatters finally breaking the dead absence of human voices around you.
You stood right in front of one of the doors, your eyes skipping past every head that wasn't protected by black spikes.

And there it was - proudly facing the cold night breeze as he also walked off the train, his sharp eyes scanning the surroundings as he searched for you.
A smile tugged at the edges of your mouth, and since there was no room to battle the violence of your happiness, your head leaned down in embarrassment.

You forced your eyes back onto his tall figure, that towered over those rest of heads which rushed off into an indefinite point - a point that your mind was not interested in figuring out.
In fact, all that you could focus on at that moment, was the smirk that Iwaizumi displayed when his gaze met yours. That smug face alone made your insides churn with excitement; a laugh escaped your shy lips, your hands covering messily the ruddiness of your cheeks as he approached you. Checking through your fingers, you saw him getting dangerously close to you, finally confirming the reality of the dream you were living in.

There was no need to pinch yourself, not a reason to make you doubt of your happiness: that cozy hug that you had been longing for enveloped you in a strong, warm embrace.
Your arms found their way home, sliding around the boy's waist, and finally securing Iwaizumi in a hug that saw no escape.

Locked.

"I missed you so much."
He whispered, his head on top of yours, his hand finally caressing the mess of your (h/c) hair.
Gentle kisses were pressed on your forehead, and rough hands softly grabbed your chin to lock eyes - Iwaizumi truly believed that in the white sea of a sclera, that forever crashed against a rocky iris, lied the windows to one's soul. And he saw it all in yours: he saw the months of discomfort, pain and fear. But he also saw the love that made your pupils dilate like two black holes, swallowing the entirety of your (e/c) rock coasts into deep darkness.

You stuttered, too lost in his features to form a word. He had grown so much in the few months you had left. His face carried a new manliness, dipped in the right youth of his age: sharp features cut the air fearlessly, softened just by a gaze so mellow it could melt any soul.
"I can't believe you're here," you spoke in awe, tapping against his skin to secure his presence.