Chapter thirteen (updated/hot version)

Start from the beginning

"As if! You two are going to our house." Rachel blasted out her mouth.

"What?" I said almost unconsciously.

"How am I going to let my son pay a hotel when he can simply stay at home? Don't worry. Johanna and I made sure your room was clean."

"Rachel." I whined at her because she was embarrassing me. Iris even started giggling.

"Oh c'mon! I'm not even teasing." She said and giggled too.

I sat there, embarrassed between my giggling girlfriend and my teasing adoptive mom.

"Can we go in and see mom?" I asked Rachel.

"Let me go ask one of her doctors. I'll be back." Rachel said and left to ask.

Iris chuckled and I looked at her. She was smiling at me.

"What?" I said and chuckled.

"Oh nothing. I'm totally not laughing at you being embarrassed. What was in your room that had to be cleaned by the way?" She asked sarcastically.

"Nothing." I told her, faking seriousness.

"Hmm. I hope not. It would be interesting to find something out-" Iris got interrupted.

"The doctors said it was alright to go inside." Rachel interrupted Iris.

I looked at Iris and she looked deep into my eyes for a second.

"Go." She told me quietly. She thought it would be best if I entered with Rachel only.

"Come with me." I told her giving her a sincere smile.

She blushed and then nodded. We got up from the bench and walked inside her room. She was still sleeping when we entered. She looked so peaceful.

It reminded me of the times of Christmas when I was younger. I would wake up earlier than mom and Rachel and wake them up. Rachel snored, but mom slept quietly, looking like an angel.

It seemed she was about to wake up so I stood next to the right side of the bed and grabbed her hand.

"Mom?" I said and waited for her to wake up. Nothing.

"Mom." I said again a little louder.

Her eyes started opening slowly, after a moment of looking distant, she looked at me.

"Aiden?" She whispered.

"It's me." I said and tightened my hold on her hand. I started smiling and I felt tears on my eyes.

"Come closer so I can kiss you, you dummy." She said and we all chuckled but her. She was too tired to.

I got closer and bowed my head down so she could kiss my forehead. Then she looked at Iris.

"Iris. Hello. How you two been?" Mom said quietly.

"Never better. How do you feel?" Iris responded.

"Well, I've been better." Mom said. "I'm not expecting to become a grandmother now am I?"

"No mom." I answered and we all chuckled. "Not yet at least." I continued then looked at Iris, and we both smiled.

Rachel took mom's left hand on hers and hold on it tightly. Mom turned to look at her and the two of them looked at each other dearly.

Rachel seemed to be on the verge of crying and mom started cooing her.

"Shh."

Rachel rested her head on mom's shoulder and hid her face in mom's neck.

"They're mates." I felt my wolf tell me in awe.