CHAPTER 4: THE ENCOUNTER

CORA'S POV
After finding Oliver I wasted no time. Pulled my pink bike and rode to my house as soon as the SUV disappeared from my sight. It was a tough time for the kids; they needed someone strong and caring, too bad I wasn't that kind of person. We arrived home and saw Charlie on the door and behind him as a small figure crouching down with itbs knees to his chest. Sensing someone approaching, the child lifted his head and was met by my hazel, golden eyes.
His face shown with anxiety and relief,

"Scarlett", he shouted, as he ran towards me hugging my legs, surprising me.

"So I see Charlie did a great job", I said, patting the dog.

"Woff, Woff", he responded in a confident manner, sensing my appreciation.

"Yeah, he wouldn't let any one, even the neighbours get close to me", Jimmy said.

"Cause That's his job", I said, winking at Charlie.

We entered the house and I turned on the alarms and booby traps. I called them in the living room to have a chat about what had happened.

" I'm really sorry guys I know this is hard on ", Before I could say anything I was caught off guard by Oliver.

" Who are you?", He asked, trying to conceal his worry.

" I'm Scarlett ", I said with a knowing look.

" I mean, what are you? ", He asked.

I stayed quite wondering how I could answer that question. As I was deep in my thoughts I got a ring that indicated an email was sent to me.

" Can we talk about this later; before I forget  to ask you, do you have any blood relatives? ", I asked

" Why? ", Oliver asked.

" Well because you have to get out of my house eventually and I ain't planning to foster orphans ", I said not batting an eye at him.

He held in the lump in his throat as he spoke : " have you been pretending to be nice, always smiling and appearing innocent".

I was getting annoyed by the little brat's mouth, having second thoughts about why I saved him.

" Look here brat, I don't get paid to listen to your whining" I said not boring to giving him a glance.

" You are a traitor, a liar, a  Ruthless person " he said but before he could continued I snapped

" You know nothing about me," I spat.

"Really now I don't need to know very much since you had the ability to save them" He shouted back.

" Then I guess I should've left your dad to cough out blood smiling at the scene of him breathing  his last" I said in a cold tone not carrying that I was debating with a teenager. "Guess you were wrong huh!" I said mockingly. When I get back you better have the names of your relatives or else, I'm kicking you out of the streets.

"You can't do that" Oliver pouted

"Watch me," I retorted.

Walking up to my study, I left the boys in the living room. Jimmy was half asleep when I got here, so I bet he had fallen asleep on the couch.

"Agent Cora give me reports of your status", the voice that sounded annoying yet right now I'm really glad to hear it.

"The suspects were attacked but it doesn't seem like the underground association was in it" I said with an affirmative tone.

"What makes you think that?"He questioned.

"You said that the assassination wants Jacob but why shoot him leave him there to die and kidnap the kids", I asked