Til Death Do us Part

The sunlight shined through the small window of the inn and hit Blanca in the eye as she woke up. She let out a yawn as she stretched. It was then that the memories of last night came flooding in her mind. Did that really happen? At first, she thought it was a dream until she felt the warm aches all across her body. Well, there's the evidence that it did happen. Blanca felt her face heat up from it. She never knew Jake could move like that. How many rounds did they go for? Three? Four? She lost track. Speaking of Jake, where is he?

Blanca: Jake?

Blanca noticed that Jake was nowhere in the room. She remembered that he had business with the mayor, so that was probably why he left early. Should she check on him and see what's he's doing? No. She shouldn't be nosy. If they were to make this official, they needed to trust each other about what they're doing. In the meantime, she should probably go out to take a stroll. Yeah, that's what she should do. Without hesitation, Blanca readjusted the cactus flower on the side of her head and her necklace as she slithered out the bed and out the door.

MEANWHILE...

What Blanca didn't know was the situation that was going on at the mayor's office. Mayor John had Beans in his office to make sure she gave him the land that belonged to her father. Bad Bill and his gang were present, along with Jake, looming, threatening over her. Mayor John pours a glass of water on his desk.

Mayor John: I appreciate how difficult this is for you, Beans. But you're making a practical decision.

Jake: *Threatening* Decisions. Decisions.

Mayor John: There's no need for any more suffering.

He drinks his water while Beans looks at hers. She grabbed it as Mayor John continued.

Mayor John: Your families ranch is nothing but a wasteland now. Sign the deed and relive yourself of your father's burden.

He slid the deed to Beans. She was snapped out of her thoughts when the mayor mentioned her father. She looked at him with anger in her brown eyes.

Beans: My daddy... was not a burden! Keep your blood money, and I'll keep my land!

She practically screamed in his face as she splashed him with the glass of water. Disappointed that the deal didn't go as planned, Mayor John motioned Jake to intervene. In a swift motion, the rattlesnake hissed as he wrapped the desert iguana in his coils. Bad Bill's gang snickered at the woman in the background.

Jake: Do what he says, or by all the fires of the black pit, I'll squeeze them pretty brown eyes out of your skull!

Jake's threat caused the gang snickering to stop as they looked on in shock. Mayor John intervenes.

Mayor John: Now, hold on, Jake, there's no need to...

Jake: *Interrupts* LET ME DO MY JOB! You brought me in. Now we're going to play this thing out to the end!

Jake turns back to Beans.

Jake: *Threatening* Sign the damn paper, woman!

Beans: Go to hell!

Jake: Where do you think I come from? Look into my eyes. I want to see you die.

Beans was having a hard time breathing now as Jake kept squeezing. She managed to get one sentence out.

Beans: *Raspy* What about that white snake friend of yours? Do you think she'll be happy if she finds out what you're doing?

Jake paused. His red-yellow eyes widened for the briefest of moments. Jake was too preoccupied with this deal that he forgot about Blanca. His thoughts went back to last night and the moment of passion between them. He could faintly remember how he had her in his coils. He remembered kissing her with utmost passion and desire. It was the most intimate thing he ever did in all his life. He never knew what love felt like. All he knew was pain and ruthlessness. But when Blanca came, she gave him something that he never thought he would need. Happiness. Genuine happiness. Jake was interrupted from his thoughts when he heard something from outside the mayor's office.