Chapter 7: The ultimate problem solver

Start from the beginning

"I'll take some time, you go first," I replied.

I looked at Vivaan again who was awake by then and looking at me. I instantly stood up as it was very awkward. Why didn't he wake me up?

"The assignment is done," he said.

"Okay, I mean thanks," I said and he replied with a smile.

"Sanvi went to college so you can freshen up," I said passing him my towel which had never been touched by anyone but me.

"What will you have for breakfast?" I asked.

"Anything that you can make," he replied.

"What do you mean? I can make everything." I said confidently.

"Okay, so I'll have Gnocchi di Patate, Vitello Tonnato, Croque monsieur.... ," he said when I interrupted him, "Alloo paratha? I'll make alloo paratha."

I was stuffing the aalo into the doe when I heard him shouting and rushed inside. He was standing at the bathroom door with the towel.

"What happened?" I asked him trying hard not to look at his muscular body.

"Help me," he shouted hugging me from the back.

"Th-there is something in your washroom," he said in a cracking voice.

"Let me see," I said removing his hand from my waist.

"Don't tell me you are scared of that little lizard?" I asked in amusement.

"I a-am not afraid of anything. It's just that it looks ugly," he said and I started laughing.

"Enough, just remove it," he ordered.

His efforts to hide his fear and act cool made me laugh even more.

"It's gone," I said pushing him inside the washroom.

"Ouchh..," he said holding his shoulder.

I passed him a spray from the cupboard without uttering a word. I was too embarrassed to say anything.

"Breakfast is ready," I informed him keeping the plates on the table.

Never thought I would make breakfast for this devil.

"It tastes good," he said instantly bringing a smile on my face.

After having breakfast he left for college. He has offered to give me a ride but I refused.

While getting ready. I was only thinking about him. The way he was holding my face, him smiling at me and me leaning on his shoulder. Nothing from yesterday's night was leaving my mind.

I went to college to submit the assignment. After the class, we all sat in the canteen discussing the assignment.

I looked at Vivaan who was looking at me only. I instantly removed my eyes from him as I felt uncomfortable.

Suddenly Sambhavi came there.

"Heyy Vivaan," she smiled at Vivaan.

"Hey Sam," he smiled back.

"Let's go to shopping," she said.

I was looking at them. Vivaan looked at me as if it had anything to do with me.

"I can't go now," he replied.

"Please Vivaan," she requested in a sweet voice pulling his arm.

"Ahhh," the instant sound of pain came from his mouth making me concerned.

"Be careful. His shoulder is hurt," I shouted instantly and soon realized that I said something that I shouldn't have.

Every face snapped towards me expecting an explanation.

"How do you know that his shoulder is hurt?" Aadi asked.

"I didn't know. I just figured it out through his voice," I replied trying to sound confident enough.

But I think no one was convinced. Sambhavi left with disappointment and everyone went to pay the bill.

It was only me and Vivaan sitting there along with an awkward silence.

"Thanks for yesterday," I finally spoke.

"No need, it was my assignment too," he replied.

"Sorry, because of me, your shoulder....," before I could complete, he interrupted me in between.

"It wasn't your fault too," he said looking at me.

I am not familiar with this Vivaan. Why is he talking to me that softly? He spent a whole night with me and still didn't mention it to anyone. Why does he seem different from the person I met in the locker room?

The next day we were at college attending classes.

"What are the boys busy with today?" Sanvi asked.

"Don't know," I replied focusing on my phone.

We were in the middle of class when I heard the girls behind us talking about something.

Girl 1- Hey watch this live video. Girl 2- This is our basketball court.
Girl 3- But who is fighting?
Girl 1- It's Vivaan and his group.

I turned back snatching the phone from her hand and saw the video. It was Vivaan, Rohan and Aadi fighting with Veer and his group. I stood up instantly and stormed out of the class. Sanvi followed me.

We went downstairs and finally reached the basketball court. The place was crowded and the fight was still going on.

Finally, with a lot of effort, I reached the front.

I was too scared to respond. I didn't know what to do.

Vivaan was punching Veer who was bleeding. I was thinking of a way to stop him when my eyes fell on a boy who was approaching Vivaan with a hockey stick.

I called out to Vivaan but he was in no mood to listen.

Without thinking anything, I got in the middle and stood in front of him when the stick hit my head and I fell grabbing everyone's attention.

Heya, lovely readers. So here is the next chapter.

Do let me know how you feel about Vivaan's changing attitude towards Aarohi. ✨

Lots of love❤