25. Smoke and Mirrors

Mulai dari awal

Person: (whispering into her ears) Calm down Shivani.. Binni will wake up..

Coos the person glancing at a sleeping figure on the queen-size bed of Shivani's room. On the other hand, Shivani, who was in the person's hold on a quiet, dark night, had her heart racing like a Ferrari, initially because of the fear, later because of the proximity of the person, who was unknowingly ruling the kingdom of her heart. The hot breaths that were fanning her ear were sending shivers down her spine, raising waves of unfelt, ineffable emotions inside her entire being. Shivani, closing her eyes to calm down the hurricane whirling within, grips the hand covering her mouth and pulls it down with a jerk, freeing herself before facing the intruder while maintaining a proper distance between them.

SP: (whispering in an arrogant tone) What the hell was that?
Asked Shivani looking at the person, who was clueless about the things they had caused in Shivani.

Person: (whispering in a confused tone) What??.. (thinking for a brief second) Ohh okay.. I'm so sorry for scaring you, Shivani.. But I couldn't come from the front.. Security personnel are patrolling the whole damn mansion at this midnight..

Shivani realising the absolute innocence of the person before her, squeezes her eyes in guilt and embarrassment while pinching her forehead.

SP: No no.. I just overreacted.. I am sorry..

Person: That's okay.. Shall we talk on the balcony..??

Shivani and the person move to the balcony and close the door in order to let Binni sleep peacefully.

SP: Now tell.. Any emergency?

Person: Kind of. You must be knowing.. Karishma Singh is trapped in a mare's nest.. We've got to get her out of it before she takes any wrong step.. So..

SP: (in a suspicious tone) So!?

Person: I was thinking of making everyone stay here for a few more days..

SP: A few more days!? But the day after tomorrow, Singh uncle is coming here, right?.. If I'm not wrong we have Jai Singh Sir's Shraddha (Annual death rituals in Hindu religion) too in 3 days..

Person: Yes.. It's Sir's 8th Shraddha and Maya madam is attending the rituals for the very first time.. All these years, Chachaji used to perform it alone..

SP: (placing a hand on the person's shoulder) Don't you think you are taking a huge risk by making them stay here till then?

Person: I have no option left Shivani..

SP: What if it gets your Maya madam into trouble too? Still, you dare to take this step!?

Person: Yes. Because it's better to reveal an infinitesimal part of the truth ourselves before the truth unfolds itself in entirety before Karishma Singh.. and talking about the trouble it may cause to madam, you too know it's impossible till her KJS is alive.. So please phone chachaji and explain to him the situation here very clearly.. And instruct him what to say and what not to say if Karishma Singh questions him..

SP: Fine..

Person: You agreed!?

SP: I know you wouldn't change your decision even if I opposed it.. So why waste my time and energy? Apart from that, you have got the best lawyer for your defence, (looking intently into the person's eyes) who would happily sacrifice her life to save you from any kind of trouble.. (shifting her gaze to look at the full moon) And I believe, Karishma wouldn't take any impetuous step against you.. Her Maddam Sir has changed her a lot over the period of 3 years right?