8. Edge of Darkness

But wait..

The tip of the knife is still sparkling as before!? Isn't it supposed to be inside the victim's body by now? Then what is it doing an inch away from the victim's jacket!?????

The striker turned his face at 90 degrees to investigate the cause for his delay while the privileged victim, on glancing at the stabbers shadow right behind her back, turned swiftly at 180 degrees only to see the guileful striker paused in his action unable to overcome the mysteries strong tugging force from behind?

Haseena, who was busy punching the very much alive punching bags, kicked off her irritating battle mates into the blue on intuiting something odd happening behind her.

Now, all the three curious pairs of eyes were travelling from the clutch of some mysterious hand to its owner along the rough muscular arm. This mystifying journey lead them to the sight of a 5'4" feet lady in her perfectly ironed Wardi.

The lady, in her late 30's was standing under the scorching sun with her aviators on under a Khaki peak cap. Her phlegmatic aura was radiating brighter than the three silver stars on her shoulder flaps devoid of red and blue stripes. The उ.प्र.पु state badge symbolized her belonging to the UP state police force. The duo in Wardi, standing on the middle of airport highway was smart enough to guess that their timed Saviour was non other than the new DSP, who landed to Lucknow a few minutes ago from Ghaziabad for training the DSP Trainee Ms.Haseena Mallik. In spite of their realization, the duo were in no position to follow the protocols and greet their just-arrived senior as they have still got their plates full.

Giving out an evil smirk at the very last moment, the new DSP twisted the arm of the sneaky stabber behind his own back and blessed him with a powerful kick. The following crack sound had promised a broken bone to the new law protector of the town. And the duo resumed their conflict with the rival party as before, but with an extra extraordinary addition to their side!

"DSP Kaira Singh!" She introduced herself to the duo in a confident tone with an inexplicable pride in her voice, after beating the miscreants black and blue as if they are nothing but a useless bundles of gunny sacks. Karishma glancing around her for the one last time, ensuring every last combatant to be insensible, she threw out a nod with a heartily smile and ignoring her breathlessness, she proceeded to stomp her feet on the ground and saluted her new senior with "Jai hind! Inspector Karishma Singh reporting madam". With a nod, DSP Kaira Singh offered her hand for a handshake to her junior and greeted her back saying "Jai hind Inspector and nice to meet you Karishma Singh!" gaining a professional smile from Karishma.

Following her junior, Haseena greeted her trainer with a salute, "Jai Hind! SHO Haseena Mallik reporting ma'am" only to get corrected by her new trainer, "Ex-SHO it is.. Miss Mallik! I will be taking the charge of your station till the completion of your DSP training. Is it clear?". Haseena replied, "Yes Maddam Sir!" as she wasn't a SHO anymore. Karishma swiftly turned her gaze to her Maddam Sir as it was quite unsettling for her to hear her 'Maddam Sir' addressing someone else as a "Maddam Sir". Strangely, DSP Kaira Singh declared, "I would like to be addressed as 'Ma'am'!" and both her juniors obliged saying "Yes ma'am".

(DSP Kaira Singh ---> DKS)

DKS: Kya horaha tha yahaan?

KS: Maaf Kijiye madam.. Un logon ne humko prank call karke yahaan ye sunsaan jagah par bulaakar hamaare saath badtameezi karneki koshish ki.. Isiliye hame thoda apna bhaukaal dhikhana padaa..

DKS: Aapke saath?? (in suspicion)

KS: Woh.. (and was cut by her senior)

HM: Humaare saath ma'am.. Un gundon ne hamaare saath badtameezi ki.. isiliye Karishma Singh kuch zyada hi naaraz ho gayi.. Apne seniors ko bahut maanti hai woh..
Before the DSP could reply anything, the ambulance came to the spot blaring sirens breaching the tranquility of the previously quite highway and the medical staffs got busy assisting the badly beaten goons.