Chapter One: The Hard Problem

"OES" rang out in the silence of the night and Jaskier already melted into a pout.

Omegan Emergency Services.

That voice.

"Geralt. Isn't anyone else up?" Jaskier whined as he opened the door letting the larger man into his home.

"I'm sorry Jaskier, you know I'm the only one working this part of town. C'mon, it'll be alright. Let's get you settled." Geralt said gently as he sat his bag down on the couch. He pulled out what he needed and slipped on his blue gloves.

Jaskier whined and locked the door, standing insolently a few feet from Geralt. The nurse opened a sterile package, a disposable 'slick gland stimulator'. Flimsy squishy vibrator that's got two bumps on it that dig into sick glands. Piece of garbage that feels weird and slimy and doesn't work, as Jaskier called it.

"I hate it when it's you, Geralt. I just hate it. I hate everything." Jaskier lamented dramatically and wrapped his arms around himself. He rubbed his feet over the cotton rug that covered the center of the living room. He pouted, bottom lip poking out nearly comically, and looked at the nurse with big sad eyes.

Geralt let out a sigh and nodded, Jaskier was Yennefer's friend. They usually hung out together with their other friends. Geralt had been called to the Pankratz residence more than once, usually being the only nurse willing to go into this part of the city at night.

Jaskier was a poorly omega. Often suffering from spasms, cramps, bruises, and bleeds. Often kicking out anyone who was too soft with him. He needed firm and hefty hands to get settled. He needed someone to not let him shoo them away or fuss his way out of going to the clinic when he needed to or fuss his way into sleeping aids and being left alone. Jaskier was... pushy and bratty.

Geralt felt... a certain way when he was in the small apartment in the dark neighborhood. He felt a certain way on and off the clock when he was around the flamboyant omega. He felt a certain way when he saw the other man dancing or singing or laughing loudly over bad jokes or drooling in his sleep or when he pulled his bottom lip in between his teeth and whined when he couldn't quite get a toy to sit right inside himself.

But he pushed that certain feeling down. Especially now, he was working. Patient, not Jaskier, Patient.

"I know Jask. C'mon, let me see what's happening." Geralt said in a calm commanding way and opened his arms. He waited patiently before giving Jaskier a look that had the patient whining and falling into his lap, straddling one thick, warm, supportive thigh.

"I hate it. I hate it so much." Jaskier complained and shoved his face into Geralt's neck.

Geralt always smelled nice. Nice and musky, not too much. Jaskier hated very scent-y alphas, he loved Geralt's scent though. The burnt aluminum foil and smoke and a touch of something like fresh rain on concrete scent was just enough Jaskier could take nice big breaths without choking on it.

"I know. Do you want to take your underwear off or just push them to the side?" Geralt asked as his fingers traced the edge of Jaskier's blue and black striped briefs. They were soft and cottony and worn out, small holes speckling all over them.

"Ugh... can you pull them down any? I hate this it makes me feel like a fucking teenager again." Jaskier said in an angrily sad way. He was shirtless already, hairy torso and arms out. He still had on a pair of white socks but they did little to help with the fact he had to be naked.

"I know Jaskier. But you also know getting them off will make this easier." Geralt said and tried to pull the underwear to either side which only caused some pinching and too-tight-in-wrong-spots-ness. Jaskier let out a sad whiney sigh and agreed.