Act 1, Scene 6

(Norman's point of view)

Something was different on that day.

Henry and Sammy came back noticeably earlier than usual, and were thrown into their cells.

Even more noticeably, Audrey wasn't with them.

"WHAT HAPPENED? WHERE'S AUDREY?"

"The Keepers took us away and made her stay there. With Wilson."

Oh.

"I DON'T LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT. THE LAST TIME WILSON GOT HER ALONE WITH HIM, SHE CAME BACK WITH TRUST ISSUES."

"I don't like this either, but all we can really do is have faith that she'll be ok." Henry attempted to reassure him.

"The blasphemer would not dare harm the little sheep. She plays a significant role in his plans, I can tell." Sammy said.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT?"

"All of us were locked away here because we play a significant role in the nature of the studio. The fact that Audrey was locked away with us supports that she has a role as well, but due to the fact that she is a newcomer, I believe that not even Wilson is entirely sure of her power. Therefore if Wilson is not exactly sure of what role Audrey plays in all of this, I don't believe he would take any chance and risk harming her. Such a move would be...idiotic."

Norman and Henry just stared at Sammy.

"Uh, I-I mean that is at least what I theorize, it could be something entirely different!"

"No! No! You're probably right, I was just- It was kind of hard to focus since you said a lot in a small amount of time!" Henry attempted to assure Sammy.

"Oh! Well if that is the case then I probably should have summarized it so it would have been easier to understand!"

"No no you're fine, it's fine!"

If Norman could cover his face with his hands, he would.

But sadly, he did not have hands. Or a face.

Giving the fact that those two's tension was more emotionally draining than spending 15 minutes with Miss Campbell after she got relieved of her role voicing Alice Angel, Norman decided to change the subject.

"WHY WAS AUDREY HELD BACK ANYWAYS?"

"Oh! She came up with a plan to get help from Allison, the good Alice, using a communication device that was in the lunchroom." Henry explained.

"WELL DID IT WORK?"

"I'm...not sure. Me and Sammy, we were too busy making sure to do the distraction, but then we were seized by the Keepers, and Audrey, she was dragged away from it."

"God- I should have asked her if she did it instead of just yelling her name! That was really stupid of me."

"No it was not, Stein. If you did attempt to ask the little sheep if she had successfully completed the task, then we would have been caught in our attempts. You did not play the fool." Sammy...reassured him?

Huh. I think that's the first time in a long while I've seen Sammy be kind to Henry.

Apparently Henry was mildly confused as well, because he said in a confused but grateful tone

"Thank you, Sammy."

Sammy flinched, pulled his mask further on his face, and sputtered out

"N-not that you are not a fool! You are very much a fool! A foolishly foolish fool who does foolishly foolish things! In that situation, you were simply not as foolishly foolish as you could have been!"