Tension

"Hey it's okey, everything is going to be alright." Damian wasn't quite sure what to answer. He wasn't even sure what was going on. Basterd. Who'd they think he was? A couple of minutes later the door opened again and in walked Harvey followed by a broad shouldered man with dark hair and clear blue eyes.

"What's this about?" The man asked in a deep voice that made Damian uneasy.

"This Bruce." Harvy gestured past the other boys to Damian and Bruce's eyes widened.

There was a tense silence in the room as Bruce stared at Damian without saying a word. Damian knew the man but only by reputation. He was Bruce Wayne, billionaire philanthropist. He had read many articles about him in the newspaper but all without pictures. But staring at the man right then and there their resemblance was undeniable. But Bruce Wayne was white. It couldn't possibly be.

"Unhand me this instant!"

"Please sir, calm yourself." They all turned to look at the commotion outside the door.

"Where is he?!" Suddenly in the door frame a white haired man and a butler appeared. Damian's heart leapt as he met the grey eye belonging to his master. "Damian." Slade said, a small sense of relief filling him

"Slade." Damian breathed out. Relieved to see him. He took a step towards him but was suddenly stopped as Dick held out a hand in front of him. And Slade was blocked by Bruce and Jason. Slade and Bruce glared at each other.

" Let me go, this instance." Slade growled.

"You are free to go, you just aren't bringing him with you." Bruce said calmly. Slade leapt forward only to be grabbed and held back by Jason. The tension was growing and Damian feared that it would turn physical soon. Without really thinking. He slid past Dick and Bruce and took an angry stance in front of Slade. Glaring at Bruce.

"I do not care what is going on here or who I am to you. I legally belong to Slade and will be going with him. If you try to stop me I WILL take you to court. And I doubt the judge would rule in your favour no matter how much you pay them off." The other men in the room were all stunned in silence as they saw the new side of the boy who had looked so scared and helpless a second ago. Harvy leaned over Bruce's shoulder and whispered to him.

"Bruce, he is right, there is nothing we can do."

"I can and-" Bruce tried but was interrupted by the butler.

"Can and should are two very different things, master Bruce." Damian was still glaring at Bruce, he knew if he faltered for as much as a second he'd lose whatever control he had over the situation. Bruce was staring back just as intensely and the Wayne boys were all shocked to see someone with a riveting glare to their father figure.

"Let's go Damian." Slade said calmly as he took Damian's hand in his. Slade looked around making sure no one was planning on stopping them. Then he turned and walked out Damian right next to him. As soon as they were out of the room they moved quickly through the masses. Slade not letting go of Damian's hand for a second. They made their way to the door where they were handed their coats and their carriage was driven up. Then they quickly walked out to the carriage and got in as fast as they could. Not wanting the Wayne's to change their mind. As soon as the door closed Damian tore his hand away from Slade's and crossed his arms over his chest as he glared out the window. Slade felt a stone form in his chest.

"Damian?" Slade said as he reached out his hand to touch his cheek.

"Don't" Damian answered coldly, his gaze fixed outside. Slade decided to listen and pulled back to his side of the carriage. Damian needed time to calm down. And fighting in a carriage wasn't the best idea.