Wayne Gala

The bumping carriage was in line with dozens of others, slowly going up the hill to Wayne manor. Damian, who had been looking outside, leaned back and pulled the curtain over the window. He was anxious, his stomach was hard as a stone and he had a hard time taking deep breaths. Suddenly a hand slid into his own and he looked up at the man who sat next to him.

"Are you alright?" Slade asked softly and Damian nodded.

"Just a bit nervous is all." He answered shortly. Slade started brushing the back of his hand with his thumb.

"It's going to be alright, just stay close." Slade smiled and so did Damian. " The only real thing you have to remember is to call me Mr Wilson now when we are in public." Damian nodded, he knew that. Slade squeezed his hand and Damian realised that Slade was probably nervous too.

"You really don't like rich people do you?" Slade snapped his head to Damian and looked at him in shock before giving a nervous laugh.

"Interesting observation." Slade mumbled. "I don't necessarily dislike people with money, I have money, it's how they got the money and how they use it that makes me dislike them. I get that some are born into money, like the Waynes, and he does use it to do some good but his company mostly favours the richer half of Gotham. Then there are those who make their money like Oswalld Coblepot, or Roman Sionis, they built their wealth on blood money and the suffering of others and spend it on their own leisure." Slade had kept on holding Damians hand throughout his ramble. Damian re positioned his hand so he interlocked their fingers, making Slade look at him as Damian looked at their hands.

"And then there is you, Slade Wilson, who earned his money in the army and spend it on getting low life prostitutes and witch girls out of bad situations." There was a short silence.

"I didn't plan to, but You Tarra, i just stumbled upon you and...well if i could help i didn't see the reason not to." Damian looked up into Slades eye. They were sitting very close. Their hands intertwined , shoulders touching and faces a hand away from each other. Damian couldn't help but glans down at Slades lips before looking up into his grey eye again. "Damian." Slade whispered as he looked intently at the boy. Damon started to slowly lean in. He wanted to kiss Slade so badly, Slade's hand was coming up to cup Damians face when the carriage made a sudden halt and Damian was thrown forward in the carriage. Slade grabbed him and pulled him back in the seat.

"We are here sir." The coach said. Slade sighed. The moment was ruined. The door opened and Damian quickly made his way out. Blushing hard. He stood to the side waiting for his master but Slade wasn't coming out. Damian peeked his head in and Slade was covering his face with one hand and taking deep breaths.

"Slade."Damian whispered concernedly and Slade looked at him. Giving the worried boy a reassuring smile.

"The sudden stop caused some pain in an old injury, I'm fine." Damian furrowed his brow, Slade just lied. The former general straightened his back and carefully made his way out of the carriage. "And sadly it's Mr Wilson tonight, remember." Damian blushed a little at his mistake but nodded. Slade gave him a kind smile and then started walking up the stairs of the huge manor. Damian who was walking behind, looked up at it for the first time and dropped his jaw. He had heard stories about the Wayne manor. How it was the largest mansion in Gotham but he still couldn't have imagined it. Huge and grand, with lights and music pouring out from the stained glass windows. And flower arrangements taller than himself. "You coming?" Damian snapped out of his amazement and looked up at Slade who was halfway up the stairs. The light from behind illuminated him like some kind of saint. Damian thought for a second that he might be, his saint, his saviour. He shook off the idea and ran up the stairs to Slade and then they continued inside.