May Chaos Reign -117-

Start from the beginning

"That's.. thats all you have to say?! 'Hm?!?" Lloyd laughed, sounding a bit insane.. rightfully so.

Putting a clawed hand on his hip, Garmadon propped to the side. "I was expecting a pizza. I don't suppose your delivering for Buddy's Pizza? Y/n? I heard you do delivery service, are you the pizza man?"

You knitted your brow, watching his movements. "How did you hear about that? And- and no we're not delivering pizza."

He shrugged, "When you live in an apartment trying to avoid people, you start to learn their occupations. And-" Wu pushed right past him, onto the apartment. "Wipe your feet! Vinny just vacuumed."

You followed behind them, giving Garmadon an apologetic smile. You did kind of just enter his home without asking.

"...as you can see, below, the Crystal Army is beginning to reach city limits. And not far behind them, the floating crystal island itself-"

Garmadon shut off the tv, cutting Gayle Gossip off. What she was saying might've been important. "Now what are you jabbering about?"

Scoffing, Lloyd shook his head. "What are you even doing here? This makes no sense!"

The hoared man ran a hand through his beard. "You've been here this whole time? Right in the center of Ninjago City?! Brother, I must demand you explain this! Explain the newspaper clippings, and- and explain why you're here.. and- all of it!"

"Hmm. I was hoping to avoid this conversation.." Garmadon groaned, spritzing a plant with a spray bottle. "But.. since you're here, I may as well tell you the tale." He squated down onto the couch, opening a can of soda that looked much too small for him. But it was your favorite flavor, maybe he had more around. "It was after that squabble with the Omega Oni. After I saved all your lives."

Lloyd's mouth fell slack, watching his dad drink the fizzy liquid. "Excuse me?!"

"You're excused. Now.. I didn't know what to do with myself. I was usually the one trying to conquer Ninjago. It's been years since I was the one saving it. It was a... peculiar feeling. I found myself confused. Why had I saved your lives? Was there a small part of me that actually cared? I decided to do a little thinking. Take some 'me' time. I had questions about the nature of good and evil. Heh.. I knew all about evil, but little about good. And I had to admit, I was curious. Did I have the capacity for good? All around me, I saw weak little humans trying their best to accomplish menial tasks. Like trimming bushes, twig by twig, or trying to break ropes by pulling on them. It was madness I tell you."

You squinted, tilting your head. "So.. you decided to become a bitchy little roommate?"

"Profanity is forbidden in House Vinny of NGTV News!" He yelled, before continuing. "I realized I was in a perfect position to help them achieve their pointless goals-"

Lloyd took a moment to stop judging the messy floor and looked up. "Those goals weren't pointless though, they were-"

"Do you intend to keep interrupting me? Or may I finish?" He waited for someone to argue, before starting once more. "I was looking for answers, but I didn't know where to look. But, I remembered the words of a wise man. Possibly the wisest I have ever met." His father, the First Spinjitzu Master? "Vinny of NGTV News." Oh. "I didn't understand these words, but I wanted to. So I found Vinny of NGTV News, and he welcomed me with open arms. Though, with one condition. No violence, No destroying, and the most important of them all: No fighting."

You yawned,"isn't that three conditions?" You earned glares from both Wu and Garmadon, they.. vaguely looked alike? No. They didn't look anything alike. If someone didn't know them they would've never guessed they were related.