chapter six

I open the door and l see sarah ontop of masons lap they were kissing each other. They soon stop and see me. l open my mouth but l didnt say a word l looked around the room because l needed that phone and l saw it on his table near the door l quickly get my phone and run out of the room that was so embarrassing. I wanted to scream from that interaction if you can even call it that. I was about to get out of the house but masons mom stopped me. "Whats wrong?" She asks. "Uhm its nothing dont worry anyways see you some time."

I leave the house feeling awkward. I get into my mothers car. "Hey your back fast." She says putting down her phone. "Yeah just wanted to get my phone anyways can we go home now?" I ask while putting on my seatbelt. "Of course." She starts to drive and we soon make it back to the house l get into the house without a single word.

I was replaying that situation inside of my head over and over again and l didnt know why l just did l sigh tomorrow was going to be awkward for sure. I unlock my phone and text shalom first asking if she wanted her dress back. While waiting for her response l text the guy l met at the party mansion. I asked him if he could come over to my house for tomorrow and be my boyfriend he immediately answered back and said of course l was glad l had everything ready except for one thing...my outfit l didnt have much good things to wear so l had to think hard about it all.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-

I wake up the next morning and stretch. I was still kind of tired thanks to my friday homework. I go downstairs to see my mom preparing a lot of food. "Oh morning sweetie." She says turning to me. "Hey mom do you need help?"
"Oh..no im completely fine on my own but you should go and get ready the guests are coming in 20 minutes." I nod and go back upstairs l take my phone l was hoping that my new boyfriend was awake and he was. I text him saying my address and telling him which time he should be here he responds with an okay. I turn off my phone and go toward my closet l finally picked something nicer. I picked out a nice yellow floral dress with white platform heels. I was ready l go to the bathroom and wash myself then brush my teeth. Then l put on my outfit and put on some fresh perfume that smelt like flowers in the summer.

I hear my mom call my name l go downstairs to see the man that l texted. "Sweetie his here for you." She says with a smile. "Yeah thanks mom." She leaves the door open my new boyfriend hugs me l hug him back. "Nice home."
"Thanks come in." He gets into my house. "By the way whats your name?" I ask because l did not know. "Micheal." He had quite a nice name. "Okay great my name is stella." We hear a knock on the door. I go towards it and open it. It was mason,sarah, masons mom and masons dad. "Oh hello sweetie." Masons moms says with a smile. "Hi come inside." They get into the house and my mom comes downstairs and sees them she runs to masons mom and gives her a big hug. "I missed you." My mom says. "I missed you too." My dad comes downstairs l thought he went somewhere but l guess not. Me and mason were kind of on awkward terms for now so we didnt really speak to each other.

"So stella who is this young man?" Masons mom asks. "Oh his my boyfriend micheal." I say holding onto his arm. "Oh thats great!" I nod and smile.

We end up going to the backyard l was just in the background listening to everyone talking. But l felt a feeling. The feeling of being stared at. I look up and see mason looking at me but he quickly shifts his gaze to someone else once l had caught him l shrug it off. I was very bored l thought this was the time to party not talk about the past.

I end up excusing myself making up an excuse as to why l was leaving for the meanwhile. I get up from the table and head inside the house l go upstairs to my bedroom. I lay on the bed and get my phone l wanted to play some games but just as l was about to play l hear someone come upstairs so l was panicking maybe it was my mom or dad so l quickly hid behind my bed laying down. The footsteps stop by my room they were the sound of flat shoes so it ruled out my mom or masons mom. The steps continue into my room l stay still. "Stella?" It was a soft voice. I knew it had to be mason l get up from the floor. "What are you doing here?" He comes closer to me. "I..just wanted to make sure you are okay." It was weird because why would l not be okay. "I am okay." he comes closer and he touches my arm softly. "So you really have a boyfriend." I nod and smile he looked jealous but l did not really care. We soon hear somebody else it was micheal. "Babe?" I move away from mason. "Yes?" I say. "What are you two doing here?" He asks l had to make something up real quick. "Uhm we were just talking thats all we will be there in a second." He looks at us strangely but l just smile and eventaully he went downstairs. I sigh. "So why did you come up here?" I say looking at mason. "Just wanted to make sure you are okay."
"Of course l am." I say crossing my arms he comes closer to me once again. "I know you dont like him." I was suprised how did he know l furrow my eyebrows. "Your right because l love him." He rolls his eyes and laughs l was angry at him and confused.

"You are not such a good actor stella theres no need to fake it." He was right l sigh. "Fine maybe l dont. But thats none of your business." He smirks l just roll my eyes and he finally leaves.

I sigh out of relief and go downstairs after l hear his foot steps dissapear. I sit down by the table a bit silent and luckily no one noticed me l guess l had to be bored.

Soon enough the party or whatever was done l was glad l go to my room and got onto my bed the sun was setting and l was just playing some random games to pass the time and soon it did.

I hear my name being called. I get up from my bed and go downstairs and it was my mom. "Time to eat!" She says smilling. "Okay." I sit by the table next to my dad. The dinner was spaghetti with mince. I was happy because it was my favourite dish. I start to eat but my mom decided to start talking. "So stella now that you have a boyfriend l decided that you guys should go on a double date with mason and sarah!" I sigh in my mind. "Okay." I say a bit saddened but there was nothing l could do l just had to live with it. Soon l was done eating l loaded my plate and said goodnight to my mom and dad before heading upstairs to my bed.