Seth x Zilch Cat Cafe

This chapter will have changing points of view beware! Zilch is a Detective in this.

3rd person

It was 6 am when Seth rolled out of bed yawning. Right today was the day he was supposed to meet up with that detective, Zilch. He wasn't supposed to meet up with detectives according to Yomi but none of the other Peacekeepers cared so did it really matter? He got up off of the floor and brushed himself off. He slowly got dressed and "brushed" his hair. He didn't want to look bad this time so he unbuttoned his cloak so it flowed in the wind like a coat. He put his monocle on and sat down waiting for Zilch.

Meanwhile with Zilch he was already wide awake and dressed. He woke up at 4:30 am excited. He knew the Peacekeepers weren't the best people but.. he found Seth handsome. Today being a day they could hang out was exciting so if course he would make sure to be on time.

Seth's Pov

Between all the sneezing and me just wanting to go to bed my hairs now a mess again. I know he'll be here soon so I don't have time to fix it. What a drag..

knock knock knock

and there he is.. sigh
I walk to open the door and what I see is Zilch Alexander holding a cat stuffed animal..

"Alexander... you know I'm too old for stuffies.." I tell him with a straight face.

"Aw but I bought you this myself.. Chief wasn't happy about it~" Zilch says guilty tripping me... it worked. I grabbed it from him and placed it on my bed. "Seth are we ready to go?" he asked me reaching out his left hand.

"Yes but... why are you calling me by my first name?" I grab my megaphone and wallet quickly shoving it in my pocket.

"I thought we were close? weren't we?" he asked grabbing my free hand.

"No you're a detective, I'm a peacekeeper.." Zilch clicks his tongue at my answer.

"When I allowed you to speak, did I say you could be so pessimistic?... I don't think so" he follows up with "Now come on let's go, it's a small business who knows if they have already closed!" and with that I get tugged away from my home and thrown into the public eye.. good grief.

The rain sucked as always and was cold to be in so, being dragged around in it was not my cup of tea. Splashing through large puddles and bombarded by bright light until we reached the cold blue atmosphere of Ginma District. It smelled like rusted coins and rot but was still home to good money. I look back at Zilch who is now hesitantly looking at the door knob of the cafe. He eventually woke up the courage to walk us inside. The moment I step foot I'm bombarded by cats. Fat cats, skinny cats, orange cats, white cats ect. It was overwhelming, so overwhelming my vision started to blur.. but soon enough I was sitting? A cat in my lap and Zilch across from me.

"Seth, what type of drink do you want? They sell bubble tea, green tea, coffee, matcha and lattes." His eyes were aching to make eye contact with mine but I just couldn't. It was too nerve-wracking. What if I started too wrong on looked at him wrong. Would I get beaten like Yomi would? "Seth? Darling?"

I bolt up ".... I'll just get some green tea....with honey" I spoke trying to sound loud but failed miserably.

"Green tea with honey got it" Zilch says snapping his fingers his ears point up in excitement and shock when a fat black cat sits on his lap. His reaction was soft when it came to animals now that he's been exposed to them slowly. He softly lets the cat all of his attention focused on it. It was cute.. it allowed me to get a good look at his fluffy but very neat green hair.. his glasses with a pretty large rim... and his ears.. They weren't real from a long shot but they synced with his emotions perfectly. It was odd but.. I like it?

A worker from the cafe walks over and takes out order breaking the comfortable silence. I was afraid because of her Zilch would start talking again but he didn't. He just looked at me and smiled as our emotions and eyes spoke but no words actually came out. I felt his heartbeat through his eyes and it matched the rhythm of mine perfectly. I hesitated to but.. I stood up, grabbed Zilch and kissed him. I brusquely sat right back down and put my head down.

Zilch only chuckled and mumbled "thanks" before the lady with our drinks came back, handing us out respective drinks. We drank in a peaceful silence. I watched as the content in his coffee dribbled down into only a few bare droplets. Just as I hope Kanai ward would dry up someday. I look down at my drink to see almost the same picture. Zilch takes the cat off of his lap and gently puts it beside him, he stand up and grabs my hand. I rise up from my seat with his help as we leave our money and tip on the table and we walk out.

Slowly and quietly walking through the rain was quite comfortable when traveling alongside Zilch. The sounds of splashing puddles and gutters flowing was calming for once. I think this date was successful..

We arrive at my house when the first word in who knows how long is spoken and it was by me.. "Thank you.. I had fun.."

"You were quite enjoyable yourself, I hope I can steal you away for another date soon" he says brushing some of his hair behind his human ears.Face painted with red blush. He looks in me in the eyes, this time my eyes accidentally lock onto his.. and in a matter of seconds he kisses me. Short but sweet and he says "Have a good day sweetie!" He turns on his heels and starts walking away.

"I...love you"

no response, just splashing of puddles.

I sat on my doorstep getting rained on before a stray cat comes up to me with a note in its mouth.

It read "ℐ 𝓁ℴ𝓋ℯ 𝓎ℴ𝓊 𝓉ℴℴ♡~ 𝒵𝒾𝓁𝒸𝒽" I hold the note close to my chest and stroke the cat a few times. We may be... a good match....

Authors Note

I've been really sick the past few days and before that I've been being silly with my friend so sorry about he slow updates!