chapter twenty-eight

Start from the beginning

"maybe we can add a 'this isn't public' thing so that it doesn't get out?"

"would it be so bad? if we were public?" mark questioned.

george walked past the room, backtracking to enter the room, he held out a form to veronica, "the chief needs to know who you've slept with by the end of the day, please be thorough."

veronica raised an eyebrow, she was glad for the interruption even if her face didn't show it, "no."

and there it was again. he thought he was a commitment phobe. well, until he met her.

she wasn't sleeping around, but she wasn't exactly jumping at the idea of a relationship with him. if he didn't know about her shitty parents he'd probably look more into it. 

"wha- you can't say no."

"why's it his business, it's my vagina," she retorted. 

george sighed, "it's private. whoever this nurse is won't become public. if you want to tell me though-"

"is it your vagina?"

"n-no."

"then no, georgie. see you tonight for movie night though," she responded, getting up to leave, form still in her hands. "bring lexie and snacks."

"i feel like you love lexie more than me," he admitted. 

veronica shrugged, "she's hotter than you."

"hey!"

---

"talk to the nurses for me," mark requested as veronica looked over a chart. 

"no."

"why not?"

"because what they really need is an apology," she informed. "because you treated them like they were objects, just for sex and then you moved onto the next nurse. so, apologise, learn their names, treat them with respect and then your surgeries wouldn't get boycotted, you slut."

she smiled, showing him that she was joking at the end. the last thing they needed was for the nurses to boycott him and him be offended. it would just take the day from bad to worse. 

"come on, you know i don't do that anymore," he pleaded. 

veronica stopped, turning towards him, "i know that and they know that but the point is you did. and now they're angry."

"so i should say sorry?"

"yes."

---

veronica was eating lunch, the form mocking her as it sat on her tray. she glared at is as she ate her sandwich. to make it worse, george was bugging everyone. he was already making his way over to hand forms to lexie and meredith.

"what's this?" lexie asked.

"the sex police," alex muttered. 

"i'm gonna need your form," george told meredith. 

"don't ask, don't tell, forms are stupid, george," she retorted. 

"yeah, i'm still gonna need it though." he held out a pen to lexie. "pen."