"I'M HERE!"

Fuck.

Moments later, a Crystal beast landed behind Lloyd, Vangelis sitting atop its back. You began to run away, when a leg of the creature came down on your back.

Wincing, you watched as Harumi took the sword back from you once more. Lloyd then grabbed your arm, tugging you out from underneath the stone animal before Harumi could attack.

Lloyd just ran, at first attempting to pull you along, but he found it too slow, and opted to just picking you up bridal-style. Good thing too, because you were wheezing too much to breath properly. He leapt off the ground, clumsily landing on rocks as he continued running.

You curled into his chest, trying to block out the explosions of the earth beside you. There was so much happening.

You could feel his chest expand with every breath as he continued running through the forest. Did he even have somewhere to go? Was he just running?

And then he stopped. Look up.

"You see?"

You quietly slipped out of his arms, figuring out why he stopped. A cliff side. You had the worst fucking luck.

"All your noble ideals and your foolish hopes," Harumi continued, "where did they get you? Where are your friends when you need them most?" She asked, pointing the sword towards the both of you.

Behind. Look behind. Listening to the voice, you glanced over the cliff, to see the red colored wood of a ship. The Bounty. You half-laughed, half-wheezed as you saw it rise from the canyon. Your friends were right here.

Wu saluted from the ship's wheel, his eyes then widening. "Jump!"

Glancing behind you, Harumi lunged forward.

You messily ran towards the ship, leaping, and wrapping an arm around the banister. You winced, coughing as the dust and dirt from the ships underside flew into your face.

Misako pulled you on, she smiled, watching Lloyd jump on after you. "Welcome back, son. And you as well, Y/n."

"We're not in the clear yet!" The older man yelled, "Get them under cover!"

Nodding, Misako pulled you both into the stairwell, and to the cabin halls. She smiled, closing the door before either of you could argue.

You slid down the wall, letting your breaths slowly calm, watching Lloyd pace back and forth. His arm didn't look much better, black blood still soaked into his Gi.

The ship shook with an explosion, causing Lloyd to fall against the wall beside you. You pulled him down to a sit, watching his gaze stay trained on the floor. "I'm sorry I followed you. But I wasn't about to let you somehow die after I just got you back."

He nodded, sitting beside you. He bumped his knee against yours. "I- I understand, but you can't come without me knowing and just expect me to be A-okay with that. And- and I'm sorry how I acted to Harumi. I guess I-" His hand slid through his hair. "Fuck.. I guess I just hoped I could be friends with her again. Maybe- hah... Maybe look on the bright side. Things would've been really complicated if she never tried to trick me and caused the Ninja to go to the First realm. You might've never come home.." He slid his fingers between yours, wincing.

"Do you.. want me to explain what's happening? With knowing how to get through and everything? I can at least try to put it into words.." You mumbled, squeezing his hand.

Lloyd nodded swaying with the boat. He bit his tongue from saying anything more.

Taking a deep breath, you began to explain. "It's part of my powers, like a power-up. It's almost as if I can hear this voice in my head, but it's not mine. It's like a deeper, separate sounding one. It tells me what to do, and gives me.. I guess.. hints or directions on what to do? It told me which directions to go back then. And I think I can communicate with it? I'm not sure about that part though.."

Leaning against you, he sighed. "I.. alright.. well I'll never say a power-up is bad.. unless you count the whole thing I have going on as a power up. I um.. I think Aspheera- I think her hitting me somehow hurt the healing process. It's like the Oni part of me is bubbling back up to the surface.. and it's angry. I'm sure you saw back at the temple, I did the weird semi-transformation again. Do you.. do you think I can be healed at this point?"

Biting the inside of your cheek, you dragged your words out. "Being.. totally honest? I don't know.. we're running out of options." Go up. Fight over. "Oh, just then. The voice, it says 'Go up, fight over'. See what I mean?"

He hesitantly nodded, standing up, holding a hand out for you. You took it, and Lloyd helped you up, heading back up to the deck.

"-What in the everliving Ninjago is that.." Misako questioned, her voice wavering as she stared at the floating temple.

You put a hand on her shoulder, studying her fearful expression. "The Overlord. He's returned."

Wu's breath hitched, looking from you to Lloyd, to confirm. "Kai, Cole, do you copy?"

You stared at the floating island, once again remembering you didn't have a comm any longer. You'd have to grab a spare from Pixal sometime soon.

"Negative. Pull back, all of you. We are not ready for this."

Walking to the side of the ship, you watched Harumi smirk to you. Then she ran off. What was she doing? What was she planning? It was bad.. whatever it was.