Chaos and Love

Robyn POV

Aubrey....

Aubrey...

I call my daughter's name once, twice, and then a third time, "Aubrey." There's still no response. With a determined stride, I ascend the stairs to her room, where I find her sprawled on the floor, her focus firmly locked onto her iPad.

"Audrey, I've called you three times. We're going to be late for the airport," I reprimand, gathering her scattered clothes from the floor.

I pivot to face her, my hope brimming, praying that she's finally getting ready. However, she's still absorbed in her digital world. I approach her, gently snatch the iPad from her grasp, and raise it above my head. Annoyance creeps over her face as she looks up at me.

"GET READY NOW!"

"Mommy!" she protests, reaching for her beloved device.

"You have to put your clothes on; Aunt Ellie is waiting for us at the airport," I remind her. At the mere mention of my best friend's name, she scrambles to get dressed and hurries out of her room.

I exhale a sigh, attempting to keep my composure. Being a single mom is no small feat. I do my utmost to raise her, but it often feels like I'm falling short. Ellie has a knack for getting Aubrey to comply with a single request, whereas it takes me hours to make any progress.

Ellie was my unwavering support during my pregnancy, a time when my mother's strict Christian principles were shattered by my unexpected pregnancy. She had a set plan for her children, and I broke one of her most sacred rules.

Allow me to introduce myself—I'm Robyn Williams, a 27-year-old African American woman. I'm the mother of a 5-year-old daughter named Aubrey. My journey into motherhood began during my senior year in college. I hail from a moderately successful family, but I've distanced myself from them since my graduation. Today, I stand proudly as a lawyer at the prestigious Cedar-Michaels Law Firm. It's an achievement I hold dear, especially in the face of my mother's belief that I'd amount to nothing.

Speaking of my family, my mother serves as the dean of the very college I attended. My father, a retired veteran, has his own opinions, while my older brother and I share a strained relationship. As for Aubrey's father, well, we've purposefully erased him from our lives.

As I continue this remarkable journey of motherhood, I strive to navigate the challenges that lie ahead, determined to provide the best life for my beloved Aubrey.

Hi I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of my book. If there's any comment please feel free to comment. I got all the pictures from pinterest so all rights are to the owners of the photos.