His amber eyes that I missed so much looked at me with flowing love. His smile that radiates like the sun, lighting its way for me to embrace. I don't know if what he is doing is a way of showing that the affection of the ducal couple as what the people perceive is true, or an act of display to hide the person they are with?

"My love?" He called me again.

Kanina pa ako nakatulala sa kanya, maski si Annika ay napapakunot na lamang ang noo dahil hindi pa ako lumalapit. The people resumed with their own businesses, but there are still others looking at us. Nagpasya akong lumapit, at mabilis din akong hinigit ni Roshan para siliin ng isang masikip na yakap.

Annika did the very same thing. We were like a perfect and complete family in each other's embrace. I even felt Roshan's soft lips landing on my cheeks. "I missed you so damn much, wife," he whispered in my ear.

"I am glad that you returned safe, your grace," I uttered. My throat is sore, making my voice low and rasped. "I already told Sir Hasan to prepare the lodging for the tired troops, and they are all not required to attend tonight and just focus on recuperating from the journey. I heard from Napoleon that you got stranded in the side mountains. It must have been terrifying, so I don't want to waste more of your time, you can take a rest—"

"I will later, let's enjoy our daughter's birthday celebration, wife," he cut me off. He was soft-spoken and gentle with his voice, like he was the happiest man in the world. Ramdam ko pa ang pagpisil niya sa likod ko. Bigla siyang lumapit muli, at ramdam ko ang hininga niya sa tainga ko. "You are thin, I can fucking bite your collarbone, wife."

Napaubo na lamang ako. Hawak niya pa si Annika tapos ganoon na lamang ang sasabihin niya, kaya't sinamaan ko siya ng tingin. He let me go but his eyes were teasing. Hindi mawala-wala ang ngiti sa mga labi niya na siyang naghahati sa utak ko. He looked happy.

"Are you happy, child?" he asked Annika.

"Yes father, I am very happy!" masiglang sagot ng anak niya. Roshan pinched Annika's nose before giving her a soft kiss on the cheeks.

After a while, the guests started to approach us and talk to the duke. I am well aware that Roshan is just displaying his usual behavior, but I know he's tired from the journey. Hindi lang siya makaalis dahil dinadagsa siya ng mga bisita.

I excused myself after a while because the buffet was ready. The guests began to entertain each other, and the children had a playground of their own. This is a children's party after all.

"Hi, buntis!"

Nakahinga ako ng maluwag ng marinig ko si Blessime. Agad ko siyang hinila sa isang sulok ng makalapit siya. She winced in pain when I pulled her arm, making me noticed the bruise.

"How bad?" I asked her.

"Grabe, agad-agad? Wala muna bang greetings diyan o sabihin na I miss you, Cousin! 'Yan agad, deretsaan agad?" pamimilosopa niyang sagot. She even rolled her eyes as if she was disappointed in me. She showed me her bruised arm. "Kita mo 'to? Nasagi lang ako sa puno, pero dahil may knight in shining armor ako, hindi ako napuruhan. Tanungin mo 'yong bakulaw, may hiwa 'yon sa likod."

"How about the duke? Was he severely wounded?" I asked in a worried tone. "Binuhat niya si Annika kanina, tapos niyakap niya pa ako ng mahigpit. He seems perfectly fine but I know him very well, he will hide every wound from me."

"And you are right," Blessime replied instantly. "He has stitches on his back and the side. He broke a few bones but we bought a few medicine from Denver that helped him recover fast. Pertaining to the troops kung concern ka rin sa kanila, wala naman namatay."

My worry escalated even more. Tama nga ang hinala ko kung bakit parang sobra naman ata ang ngiti niya ngayon. He's enduring the pain for Pete's sake, dapat nagpahinga na lang.