The Burden Within

As the days unfolded into weeks, the weight of unspoken sorrow bore down heavily upon Putra's shoulders, leaving him to grapple with the tempest that raged within.

The echoes of his friend's laughter haunted him, mingling with the haunting specter of what could have been, had he only recognized the signs of silent struggle earlier.

"Why couldn't I see it?" he would whisper to the swaying reeds by the riverbank, his voice a mere echo in the solitude of the evening.

The once vibrant colors of the village seemed to dim, mirroring the subtle change in Putra's demeanor.

The villagers, accustomed to his buoyant presence, noticed the shadows that now clouded his eyes.

"Putra, my friend, what troubles you?" asked Lina, a childhood companion who had always shared in Putra's infectious zest for life.

Putra would force a smile, his attempts at reassurance feeble in the face of the mounting pressure that threatened to consume him.

"It's nothing, Lina, just a passing cloud," he would deflect, his words a fragile shield against the storm that raged within.

In the confines of his modest home, Yani would observe her son with a mother's keen intuition, sensing the depth of his inner turmoil.

"Putra, my dear, you seem distant lately. Is there something you wish to share?" she would gently prod, her voice a gentle caress that sought to unravel the knots of his unspoken grief.

Putra, torn between the urge to confide and the fear of burdening his mother further, would offer a reassuring smile.

"I'm just navigating some rough patches, Ibu. It'll pass," he would assure her, his words a fragile attempt to shield her from the storm that raged within his heart.

Meanwhile, the weight of societal expectations bore down on him with an intensity that seemed to grow with each passing day.

Widodo, his father, would speak of the future with an unwavering conviction, his words a reflection of the dreams he harbored for his son.

"Putra, my boy, the future is yours to shape. Make it a bright one," Widodo would affirm, his weathered hands resting on Putra's shoulders with a mixture of pride and paternal hope.

Putra, however, found himself grappling with a growing sense of desolation, as the chasm between his internal turmoil and the external expectations widened.

The facade he had so meticulously crafted began to crumble, revealing the raw vulnerability that lay beneath.

"How do I live up to their expectations when I can barely face myself in the mirror?"

he would lament to the stillness of the night, his voice a whisper that echoed through the silent expanse of his room.

...........................................

Find me on
Youtube, Tiktok & Instagram : dony1618
Spotify : dony putra