disappointed

another update, how are you? im doing good, my chrysanthemums aren't. they died.

Seungmin poured five pills of Vicodin into his hand and immediately took them. He needed to get high, it's been a long day and he's tired. He was high when he got ready for work and thought he brought pills with him, but he didn't do he was going insane for the last three hours.

He laid down on his bed and slowly fell asleep. He didn't want to, it was a waste of pills if he did, but he was tired. His eyes fell shut, his breathing slowed, and he drifted off into sleep.

🍃

Chan stepped into the house with two takeout bags, he set them down on the table. Hm.. Seungmin would usually be waiting for him, was he asleep? Probably.

He walked to the younger's door and knocked slightly. "Min? I bought food."

Silence.

"Seungmin? You sleep?"

thud

He immediately opened the door, seeing Seungmin foaming at the mouth, seizing on the floor. He froze, he didn't know what to do. Seungmin's body uncontrollably spasmed before he completely stopped moving.

"Seung.." Chan grabbed Seungmin's body and cradled him in his arms. He pulled his phone out and called the ambulance. He stroked his back slowly, as if trying to soothe him.

He could feel Seungmin's heartbeat slowing down. Everything felt so.... prominent. He could feel and see everything, but all of his attention was on Seungmin.

The emotions that ran through him were undescribable. He couldn't speak, he couldn't see. Zero thoughts were in his brain except for 'Seungmin'. He had to save him.

🍃

3:42 pm

Chan sat in the hospital waiting room. Since he wasn't family, nobody would tell him anything. He called Seungmin's parents and for the first time ever, Seungmin's mother held his hand.

He was shocked, she had never liked him. But, her son is in the hospital and he was the person who 'saved' (Seungmin's mother's words, not his) Seungmin. And maybe, she knew he needed a bit of support too.

4:24

He paced back and forth, he couldn't sit still. Why were the doctors taking so long? He couldn't.. he couldn't lose Seungmin. He needed him in his life. He had to have him in his life.

The doctor walked up to Seungmin's mother. "Hello, Mrs. Kim." Seungmin's mother looked up from her hands with tears in her eyes. Her hands were shaking and she had been crying since she sat down.

"Seungmin is stable. He died for a few minutes, but we resuscitated him. He's sleeping right now, but you can go see him." The doctor stated before walking away.

Chan doesn't understand how they do it. How can they look a person in their eyes, tell them their loved one had died, and then go about their day?

He wouldn't be able to do it.

Chan let Seungmin's family go in by themselves, he sat down and started to cry. He buried his face in his hands, and he cried. Seungmin was fine. He was alive.

So why are you crying?

He didn't know. He just felt like he needed to cry, to let everything out. And he did. Seungmin's father came out and saw him crying. If Seungmin's mother hated Chan, his father loathed him. He thought Chan was just an alcoholic leeching off of Seungmin.

"Why are you crying? This is your fault." He spat.

Chan didn't respond, he couldn't. Part of him agreed with the man, but the other knew he had nothing to do with it. Seungmin's mother also stepped out and berated her husband for saying that.

"Leave him alone Woohyung, he's struggling with this too."

"No Joomi, ever since Seungmin started hanging around that drunk, he's been doing this. Why didn't you call the police earlier? We're you high? Are you high right now?"

Chan could understand his frustration, but he didn't do anything. Woohyung continued to berate him, and he said nothing for the first few minutes.

Woohyung was really ripping Chan a new one, calling him all types of names. Chan wasn't going to respond, he almost lost his son and he's angry, he understands.

But the things Woohyung were saying started getting worse and worse. It's like he was just letting all of his frustrations out on Chan.

"You just destroy everything that comes your way, huh? Your parents don't even talk to you, I bet their disappointed. I would be too."

Chan didn't say anything, but you could tell that he was pissed at that point. He stood up, looked at Woohyung, bowed to Mr. and Mrs Kim, and walked towards Seungmin's room. He wasn't dealing with this shit today.

He sat down next to Seungmin's bed and sighed. If he hadn't ran out of tears, he'd be crying. He grabbed the sleeping boy's hand and interlocked it with his. He laid his head against the railing, his mind was blank. He was just happy Seungmin was okay, he didn't know what he'd do without him.

tbc~

This was the best way I could introduce the romantic aspect of the story, but I've never written a romance book so.. that's that.