interlude

another update, not feeling great. how are you?

  Jeongin sat at his dining room table, eating his food as he conversed with his brothers and mom. His father wasn't there, he never was there for dinner.

Dinner was peace for the family. He liked peace, he only got it a few times before chaos came back to ruin everything. He was actually having dinner with his family, however he was ignoring them. He didn't even have music playing in his ears.

He was engulfed in his book, trying to ignore them until he could retreat to the semi-safety of his room. His was talking about her new assistant, how he was so much better than the last one.
I'm
He wasn't really interested in the conversation, just ready for dinner to be over. Jeongin's younger brother started talking about something, he didn't know, he didn't care. His eyes finally lifted up from his book after his mom called his name.

"Hm?" He said, taking one airpod out. "What did you say, mom?"

His mom smiled and playfully rolled her eyes. "You're always lost in a book, Jeong."

He chuckled and nodded. "I do love a good story."

"I was talking about... your father. You know, his book signing is next weekend. I wanted all of us to go." She smiled at him.

She can't be serious.

He sympathized with his mother, she's literally married to his father. Which is the reason why he doesn't understand why she's proposing this idea. He definitely isn't going.

"I have work." He said.

"You can't cancel?" She questioned.

"I'm an intern, mother. We can't do that."

She dropped it after that and
changed the subject. Good choice. Jeongin excused himself and went to his room.

Ah, his room. It was quiet, he liked quiet even if it was for a moment. He sat on his bed and turned some music on.

His eyes fluttered shut, lost in the soft violin sounds. He melted into the soft, luxury sheets on his bed. Truthfully, Jeongin was tired. He worked fifty hour week with an impressivy low salary, he deserved some rest.

And that's what he'll do.

🍃

Chan has been looking for a job. Seungmin offered to ask his mom to give him a job at the convenience store, but Chan would rather ingest Mercury than do that. For good reason too, Seungmin's family wasn't fond of him. They believe he's the reason Seungmin got into drugs, even though it was the other way around.

He just had to find one himself, which wasn't the issue. Keeping a job was hard for him, he often found himself bored and he would quit after some time, which was terrible for his resumé.

Although, he did have an impressive resume to begin with. Chan has been working since he was fifteen, he's worked on bars, doctors offices, illegal boxing matches, a whole bunch of places. He went to college, although he had no interest in it. He just went because his parents did. Seemed like the right thing to do.

Chan had been walking around Hongdae, when he saw an art studio with a 'HELP WANTED' sign. He decided to go in, he isn't creative by any means, but money is money.

When he walked in, he saw a young man with freckles carving a piece of wood. He was muttering something and when he looked up and saw Chan, he smiled brightly.

The young man started speaking, it was clear he didn't speak Korean very well. He stuttered a lot, and spoke very slowly, like how Chan did when he first started speaking Korean. He sta there and smiled at the boy, he could've told him that he knew English, but it was amusing to see.

After a little bit, it was honestly annoying hearing him butcher the language. "Jesus Christ, dude. I can speak English."

Felix's eyes widened and he smiled even harder, if that was possible. "Oh, great! I finally have someone to talk to!"

Yeah right.

"Anyways! I'm Felix Lee, if you're here for the full time position, I'm not the one you need to talk to."

What?

A slender man with long, black hair walks out from the back of the studio. He looks about the same height and build as Seungmin, but more toned.

"Hello, welcome to Jiniret Studios. Are you here for the full time position?" The young man said.

"Yeah, I'm Chan." Chan said, holding out his hand. The young man took his hand and shook it. He was strong, very strong, which surprised Chan considering his slim build.

" I'm Hyunjin, you're hired."

"What? Y-You didn't even look at my resume."

"Yeah, I need someone now. As long as you're not a sex offender or anything, I'm good." Hyunjin said, grabbing a bucket of paint brushes.

"Definitely not a sex offender, I am a recovering alcoholic though." Chan said. Chan always made sure to tell his employers, he just didn't think it was right to deceive people.

"As long as you're recovering." Hyunjin chuckled.

Chan and Hyunjin went to the back and talked about his hours and pay, afterwards he went home.

Wow, he really was getting his life back on track.

tbc~