"What's the issue Shlok?" his mother inquired. "Me" I wanted to reply but kept my mouth shut.

"Mom please not know," he said getting irritated. His mother sighed knowing it was better to not argue with him.

"Fine," with that she left and Dad followed her. Soon Shlok also left behind them and I followed his steps.

We both were sitting in the back seats at two ends of the car. The driver was driving his car and he was busy on his phone. The whole ride was so boring that I could not tell.

Finally, the boring ride came to an end and we reached the back door. He came out of the car and the driver opened the door for me. I carefully came out of the car and Shlok was standing there waiting for me. Of course, he will act like a good husband in front of people. He extended a hand for me and I kept my hand over his. I could feel my cold hands touching his warm hands.

As soon as we entered the party he left my hand. Shit that made my heart shatter into pieces. I masked my hurt with a fake smile like always. We joined Mom and Dad at the table. Shlok went to meet a few of the guests while I was sitting getting bored. Dad was busy with a few people while Mom was also talking to some people. Can anyone tell me again why I am at this party?

My phone dinged and it was a message from Aditya.

You look breathtaking 😍

I smiled at his message and tried to find where he could see me. Again a message popped on my screen.

Stop searching for me. You will find me when the time is right😊

What does that mean? I typed a message saying Are we playing hide and seek?🤔

Nah not my game but you will see me soon. There is a surprise waiting for you.🤩

I quickly replied asking about the surprise. I don't know what he has planned but I need to find it. I was getting nervous and excited at the same time.

Soon the lights got dimmed and the anchor announced the entry of Aditya. The spotlight was focused on him and he came on the stage. He was wearing a green color coat and pants. He combined it with the white color shirt. He was looking so handsome. "Stop Pihu shut up" I scolded myself.

Hello ladies and gentlemen first of all I would like to thank you all for coming here

Hello ladies and gentlemen first of all I would like to thank you all for coming here. As soon as he said those lines people started clapping.

He started with his speech about his story and his vision for the company. And with that, I started zoning out. I was just focusing on him and the sound started to fade away. His moments when he was smiling and his confidence in the way he was talking and interacting were truly mesmerizing.

I came back to reality when people started hooting for him. Last but not least I would like to thank one person who showed confidence in me when no one did. So thank you and I will dedicate this and all the success coming in the future to you. You are the pillar of my life. You give me strength and make me believe in myself. You are like a blessing in disguise for me.

I was shocked to hear all this coming from his mouth. I never knew he had someone in his life. How lucky the girl might be feeling listening to all these words for her.

Is this person your special person? one of the people in the crowd shouted.

Is this person the one you will marry? another person asked.

I was also waiting for his response. He just smiled and traveled his eyes in the crowd. His eyes stopped at me and he said "I don't know about marriage but yes she is a special person."

He was looking at me as if he was directing all these lines to me. Then everything clicked to me. This was his surprise which he wanted to give. This was the right time he was talking about.

"Is she present here?" this time it was the anchor who asked it. My heartbeat started to rise on what he would say.

He looked towards me and said "Maybe"

With that, my heart stopped beating. Please can someone kill me already?

"Or maybe not" he moved his eyes from me. My heart started to beat again. Shit, I could have got a heart attack.

"But I am sure she is listening to me," he concluded. The people started to cheer for him.

"Enjoy the party guys," he said loudly and the music started to blast. Everybody was enjoying the party and I stood in my seat.

"Mom I will come in a minute," without hearing her response I left from there. Things that he said on the stage were so overwhelming for me. I never expected him to praise me in front of everyone.

I went and came outside. There was a pool present where no one was there. I went and stood there trying to process everything.

On one side there was my husband who didn't even appreciate me and on the other hand, there was Aditya who won't leave a chance to appreciate me.

Why is my life becoming more complicated day by day? Why can't I live happily in my life?

Tears started to flow from my eyes when I started remembering each and everything that had happened in my life.

Suddenly I got a push and I feel in the pool. I directly went inside and water filled my nose and ears. I tried to struggle to come out but I could not. I tried to speak but water was filling in my mouth.

Shit, I don't know how to swim and no one is here to save me. I think I am going to die today. Will this be my end?

Author's Note

Hello lovely readers🙋‍♀️

How are you guys doing?😊

Hope you like the chapter🤞