Kicking

Now half way through his pregnancy at 24 weeks, Levi was very visibly pregnant. The news started spreading that the famous couple was expecting a baby soon. Levi had once again been out on leave, but he still trained the cadets as he had been before.

        Levi had been at Lee's for an appointment. She said everything seemed perfectly fine and that the baby should be nice and healthy. This made him overjoyed to hear. He could hardly wait to meet his baby.

"Hey kid." He heard a voice, and looked up. It was Kenny who had fallen in step with him while he walked towards the dining hall," how was the appointment, everything good?"

"Mhm, Lee said me and the baby are healthy." Levi looked down at his baby bump and put a hand gently to it, sliding it to the bottom as if to try and hold up some of the weight.

"That's good..." Kenny watched his nephew's actions.

"Is something wrong?" Asked the younger man. Kenny, embarrassed, cleared his throat and adjusted his hat.

"Nothing, it's just...you've really grown up." Kenny tried to hide his face but Levi could see his ears turn red. This amused him to no end, and he was going to tease his uncle about it, but before he could they heard yelling as they approached the doors. The two looked at each other and slowly made their way in. From the doorway they could see Eren and Jean yelling at each other and getting quite aggressive. Then a fight broke out and they started punching each other. Usually Levi would tell them to stop, but he just stared on in dissatisfaction, waiting for them to notice he'd entered the room. Some of the other cadets noticed and tried to get the boys to stop, but they seemed too wrapped up in their argument to care.

"Guys you need to calm down!" Armin- tried to tell them.

"No Horseface over here needs to shut up and listen!"

"I do NOT look like a horse!!"

"Hahaha! It sure is lively around here." Levi frowned deeper as his uncle continued to laugh.

"Yeah yeah, laugh it up old ma- oh!"

Almost as if he was a dog, Eren dutifully turned and nearly tripped over himself to get to his wife. Levi had his hands over his baby bump and had a look of surprise on his face.

"What is it? Are you alright? Are you in pain? Is it the baby?" Eren rambled on, gripping Levi's shoulders.

"Yes, it's the baby-"

"Somebody call Lee now!"

"No, Eren, I'm fine." Levi tried to reason with him, taking his much larger hand and placing it on his stomach.

"What do you mean? The baby-" He went quiet for a moment. The room seemed to stand still. Eren slowly knelt down to his knees, keeping his eyes and hands on Levi's stomach. He felt it again. A little thump, where he touched.

"Levi..."

"Do you feel it?" Levi smiled as Eren rose again this time locking eyes with the shorter man.

"The baby..." He whispered.

"What's going on, is everything alright?" Lee walked into the room, but stopped at the sight.

"The baby is....kicking...our baby's kicking! Haha!" Eren reached Levi's face and kissed him many times.

        The room sighed a collective sigh of relief upon seeing Eren lighten up like he hadn't just been in a fight. Almost like a puppy he clung to Levi and his eyes shined brightly. To which Levi responded with a soft smile. Eren moved one of his hands to Levi's face tracing the sunken part below his eye.