CHAPTER 18

Labour

Today was the day thay I was meant to be induced but thay plan went out the window when I woke up to a flood this morning

Today was the day thay I was meant to be induced but thay plan went out the window when I woke up to a flood this morning. I didn't want to go to the hospital straight away and for some reason I was pretty calm we got Blake a few days of clothes packed and took her to Monique but before we all ate together. I then packed my last minute baby bag and got my hair braided into two for my birth so it wasnt anywhere.

By the time that happened I was fucked up and barely could walk so we rushed into the car and headed to the hospital it took them nearly 30 minutes to get us a room and another 30 after to give me epidural.

I felt all loopy and all over the place. "mmm baby." i say my arms reaching for Malik. "hey baby I'm right here OK your ok our boys OK." my eyes trickle. "I'm scared I'm so scared." i cry as he kissed my sweaty face "I've got you your alright." he squeezes my hands I was sit up my hospital gown tucked under my boobs showing of my bump as it was strapped with baby monitor as Malik took a picture to tell his family I was in labour.

He wrote baby boys on the way under the picture in his family's groupchat where he responded to messages quickly before coming towards me

He wrote baby boys on the way under the picture in his family's groupchat where he responded to messages quickly before coming towards me. "OK miss Booker you should be ready to push let me check for you." she checked my dilation making me grunt in discomfort befor calling in a few more nurses and propping my feet up they gave me an oxygen mask

I cling onto maliks hand as the nurses instructed me to push I push as hard as I can tears trickling as I felt everything like the epidural didn't work. "i-I can't Malik I CAN'T"  I scream as I push again.

Malik kisses my hand as my whole body shakes and I breathe out. I cry hard and malik takes the loose strands out of my face. "push darling." i breathe in pushing as hard as I can the pain so bad my hips leave the bed with a loud scream the nurses having to pin my legs to the bed. "PLEASE SAY YOU CAN SEE HIS HEAD PLEASE." i cry loudly my voice giving out

" i cry loudly my voice giving out

See her in this much pain... Crying, shaking, screaming and becoming pale makes my heart sink as she crys hoping that they can see our boy. They look at me shaking there head answering her question but not telling her not wanting to upset her. She continues you to push and pure agony for an hour. Before a pushes weaken. "i can't cut him out PLEASE CUT HIM OUT." She screams but I know it's the last thing seeing as we've had that conversation before hand. The head nurse tells the other to prepare for C-section I shake my head no before my mother words come to mind.

Springing to action I help Aiko up getting confused looks from nurses who tell me to stop. "she my wife I know whats best for her." i stop them as I let her lean against the bed legs open standing up. She continues to pushes and the nurses crouches around her and under her.

She continues to cry sweat and shake. "you got this baby." i stand next to her rubbing her back gently she pushes hard shaking before groaning and moaning out in pain and in less then 20 the words Aiko l has been screaming the nurses to say is said. "OK sweetie we can see his head 2 more big pushes so his shoulders can come out." she does exactly that and I could hear a pop as he nurse grab my sons shoulder and as Aiko pushes for the last time they guide him out and he immediately crys.

Aikos body slumps so I help her get onto the bed her eyes filled with tears her nose red and her skin pale once they've wiped our boys down they place him in Aikos arms. I go over the Aiko and she gives me a weak smile. I kiss her gently sniffling as I look at my son. The nurses but Aiko feet back on the stands helping her with the placenta whilst I admire my son and comfort my girlfriend.

"you did it my love." i whisper to her softly moving the sweat covered strings of her hair out of her face. "we have a son." she says I'm disbelief smiling with tears running down her face.

I look at my son a head full of hair and big puffy lips and to full round cheeks and the smallest button nose he moved and wiggled in Aikos arms and the nurse takes him off her wrapping him up gently I'm a swaddle  before sitting me down and letting me hold him.

Tears flood my eyes as I stare at my second kid. "he's such a beautiful boy." the nurse tells me and they all agree. "thank you." i say letting the tears fall freely. I kiss his cheeks as he makes the cutest little scrunched face. He opens his eyes a tiny bit before closing them and moving his head from left to right.

I look at Aiko whos staring me eyes barely open and a smile on her face. "2 kids before were 20" she says weakly and I chuckle. "yeah to beautiful babies thanks to you my love." i pass him back to her knowing how desperate she is to hold her boy.

She pulls her shirt down. "he's hungry." she tells the nurses and they give her the go ahead to feed him. She helps him latch on to her and she stares admiring him as he eats. I see his eyes open again. Which cause Aiko to smile. "hi baby." she say gaining her voice baby but it was still very weak.

She ends up falling asleep our boy still latched onto her but I don't work her up knowing damn well how tired she is instead I take the sleeping baby of her and place him in his crib before telling my family thay my son is born

Me:
Payton Kingston Booker born 3:18 pm 7lb 08oz

Mama:
congratulations baby make sure Aiko is OK for me

Me:
Yeah she's just fallen asleep but both are healthy

Aunt monica:
Thank the lord for that beautiful boy you have Malik

Me:
Thank you

Sean:
Sick name you gave him man

Me:
I know right Aiko let me name him... Ma hows Blake doing.

Ma:
She's all good don't worry about her she happy eating her lunch just make sure Aiko and the new one gets home safe
Read 4:56