FOUR.

the lorelai's were walking down the street on their walk towards luke's discussing laundry. lorelai had just discovered rory had done a load without her and was offended. as they entered luke's still complaining about it, they saw taylor complaining to luke about decorations. "every other store in town has fall decorations. even your friend eleanor. her florist has fall flowers and decorations." he argued. luke smiled fakely "hoorah for the mob mentality." taylor sighed "we're talking a few streamers and a paper turkey. how's it gonna hurt to have a paper turkey?" he said as the gilmore's sat down on the bench, watching them entertained.

"no turkey, no squash, no pumpkins. nothing colored orange." luke continued, having not even noticed the two girls. "okay you don't like orange. that's fine. autumn has many varied hues to toy with." taylor continued.

"excuse me, can we get some coffee please?" lorelai called over to luke, with rory adding that she wanted a muffin. "this is the autumn festival your shop is right across the street from the horn of plenty! you're right smack dab in the middle of everything. you have to decorate." taylor continued, luke having ignored the gilmores. "i don't have to do anything but serve food." luke said to taylor. "i'm tired of having this conversation with you every year, taylor." he sighed leaning against the counter. lorelai calling out random things to still get his attention. "you have lived in stars hollow for a long time, young man. it's time you became one of us." taylor said sternly. lorelai was still trying to get luke's attention, and rory decided to call out "hey, my mom's not wearing any underwear!" lorelai gasped and looked at her daughter "well, you aren't?" she said with a shrug.

"who's not wearing any underwear?" eleanor said appearing from nowhere standing next to lorelai. "my mom." rory said causing ellie to chuckle. "figures." she teased causing lorelai to glare at her. "what are they arguing about?" ellie asked nodding to the two men. "luke doesn't want fall decor." rory explained and ellie nodded. "also figures." she chuckled, walking behind the counter. "what are you two waiting on?" she asked as she made herself a cup of coffee. "coffee and muffins." lorelai said to the girl who nodded, making another two cups of coffee, handing muffins to rory. she then passed over the coffees walking back around the counter, leaving money on the side for luke as the two were still arguing. the money covered lorelai's and rory's food too. as they were leaving luke spoke up "what, no tip?" he asked causing ellie to raise an eyebrow. lorelai spoke up in defense of eleanor "here's a tip, serve your customers." she said causing luke to reply "here's another. don't sit on any cold benches." ellie and rory laughed as lorelai scoffed, the three of them leaving the diner. the gilmores thanked ellie before the three went their separate ways.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

lorelai was led half on the floor and half in her empty refrigerator, on the phone. eleanor had come over to try and help but was unable to solve the issue leading to lorelai being on the phone. "yeah, can you hear that?" lorelai said to the man on the phone. "no, it's higher  it's like a high-pitched kind of an "eeeeee!" sound. it started last week but it was lower and it only happened when we opened the door and now it's higher and it's on all the time so i think it's really, uh, growing in confidence." lorelai's words made eleanor giggle as she made the two a coffee, sipping on her own before walking back to the table in the middle of the room to sit down. "okay, look, i've already told this to three other people so could you just please tell me what is wrong with this fridge? i'm not going to make the noise again. i'm not... eeeee!" the giggle that fell from ellie's mouth gained her a glare from the gilmore led on the floor. "look, jerry, i don't have a lot of pride but i do have enough that i do not want to make that noise again, so could you please, tell me what is wrong with the fridge or connect me with someone who can?" she said looking at ellie with an expression ellie couldn't figure out. "thank you. hello...rusty, great. listen, my fridge is making this weird sound. it's like a high-pitched..you know what..actually, is jerry still there? okay, have him make the sound. he knows it. i'll wait. i know! it does sound bad. okay, here's the deal. you will send someone out here, tomorrow, between the hours of eight and nine, because i work and i can't wait four hours for one of you guys to show up. great! goodbye." lorelai hung up the phone and stood up, ellie pointed to the cup of coffee she made her.