THREE.

eleanor and lorelai were sitting in lukes, at the same table. ellie was previously working in her florist however she closed up when a stressed looking lorelai walked in begging for her to come sit in luke's with her and listen to her rant. so, they were. ellie was sat with some fries and a coffee in front of her, eating a few fries as lorelai spoke. "she will not let us push the dinner by one day. one day! so that rory could have a party here in stars hollow on her actual birthday. no, instead she's determined to the fact we agreed friday nights, and now she's throwing a party for rory. which i don't even know if rory will want that. also, guess what else she did? she served pudding! emily gilmore served pudding!" ellie listened to her and rose an eyebrow. "no, you don't understand. mom doesn't serve pudding. which means she actually made a mental note that we liked pudding, which would mean that she actually listened to something other than the judgmental conga line going on in her head, and got over the fact that, to her, pudding is hospital food, and only acceptable when you've just had vital organ ripped out of your body." lorelai spoke and ellie chuckled. "some journey she had to go on." the girl commented with a smirk. "it's fine, lor. we'll make saturday night the best party rory's ever had here." ellie reassured the girl and she nodded but the pair got interrupted when lorelai's cell phone rang. luke instantly looked up and pointed to the sign and ellie chuckled as lorelai rolled her eyes, looking apologetically at ellie before she stood outside to answer the phone.

eleanor continued to eat the fries, watching lorelai through the window as she saw her getting stressed. "stop staring." luke said from next to her making her jump. "don't creep up on me like that, jeez." she said holding her hand to her heart. "i know you el." luke started and ellie looked up at him with an eyebrow raised. "don't say it." she said knowing what he was insinuating. luckily for ellie, luke couldn't say what he wanted as lorelai came back in through the door. luke refilled the coffee cups before walking away. "oh my gosh. i'm going shopping with my mother now." lorelai collapsing in the chair. "what? why?" ellie asked tilting her head. "for rory's birthday. she wants to get her something i'd get her, apparently" lorelai said with a shrug. "well hey that's a good thing." ellie said with a smile. "yeah, i guess." she said with a groan. "oh! another thing. when we were at dinner she gave us post its to put around her house of stuff rory and i wanted when they die, how insane is that?" lorelai exclaimed and the words made ellie choke a little on her coffee she'd just taken a sip of. "oh my gosh." ellie said coughing. "should've put one on the front door. chances are that house, in hartford, is worth a lot." ellie teased and lorelai leaned over to slap the girl's arm. "ellie!" the girl grinned at her, her coffee cup covering her face slightly.

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

the next day, lorelai walked into luke's again, having just been shopping with her mother for rory's birthday. "rory's not here yet. and ellie hasn't been in for a few hours." he said and lorelai sat at the counter. "all right. you'll have to entertain me until rory arrives. okay, burger boy, dance." she says sarcastically, ignoring his comment on ellie and luke ignores her, looking at her seriously. "will you marry me?" lorelai looked at him in shock and if she was drinking coffee she would have choked on it. "what?" she asked unsure if she heard him right. "just looking for something to shut you up." he said with a shrug, the bell of the diner ringing signifying someone just walked in. "ew not you two again?" the voice said sitting next to lorelai. "ellie, this is my diner why would i not be here?" luke said with a chuckle and poured both girls a coffee. "oh. i didn't actually want a coffee, i just wanted you to change some notes for me" she said handing luke a few notes with a small grin. "don't drink it then." he said and she rose an eyebrow. "i'm not going to let it go to waste." she chuckled. "especially not with ms coffee addict sat next to me giving me evils." ellie said as lorelai gasped. "you two better be nice to me or i'm not inviting you to rory gilmore's birthday celebration this saturday night." lorelai said with a smirk. "you don't have to ask you know." luke said. "i know, but i would like you to come. 7, don't be late." she said before turning to ellie. "earlier for you if you're still going to help me set up." she said earning a nod from ellie.